“New York in a different view”

Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
San Diego, United States
“New York in a different view”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My first time in New York and I must say I fell in love with "the Big Apple" of course Home2Suites Long Island City, NY made it extra special. Away from the loud & busy noise of Manhattan. But only 10 mins away on the subway. Easy access to the subway and a safe location where the hotel is, I will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Charlene A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is outstanding, half a block from the subway which is only a stop or two away from midtown. The staff is great, the rooms are good and the price very reasonable. Considering a family vacation has worked out great for us staying at this place. Beware that breakfast wraps up at 9 am instead of 10 (however, we showed up late and the staff went out of their way to get us something to eat). All in all outstanding and very tourist friendly.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jorge A
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We...my wife, 16 month old daughter, mom, and myself stayed at this brand new Hilton suites hotel from May 24-May30. Check in was fast and easy; we were initially given a room on the 2nd floor with no view but were able to get it changed to a room on the 9th floor with an amazing view of the Manhattan skyline! Our room had a queen bed with pull-out sofa bed in the living room. The queen bed area was able to be separated by a curtain from the living room for privacy. In addition, we were able to arrange a crib for our daughter and extra blankets for our room. The room was cozy and contemporary, containing a flat screen Samsung TV, mini kitchenette with a full fridge/freezer and a nice bathroom with stand-up shower and Kohler fixtures. We enjoyed breakfast every morning at the breakfast bar in the lobby of the hotel. However, I found the seating space to be limited as sometimes we were waiting for people to finish their breakfast before we could sit down. There was a good variety of cereals, sandwiches, bagels, bread, yogurt, and juices. This hotel is conveniently located only 1-block away from the N-Q (39th ave) subway station and 3-blocks from the R (36th st) subway station. It is only a 10-15 minute subway ride into midtown Manhattan and Times Square. We chose this hotel for the affordable price and close proximity to Manhattan, without paying the premium of actually staying in a Manhattan hotel.
Now for the cons...during our stay, the lock for our washroom was not functioning properly. Also the ATM in the lobby was out of order and one elevator was also out of order for a couple of days. Nonetheless, the staff did a good job to fix these issues.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

A must select with the professional staff one would want to deal with on a daily basis! Michael and Miranda were and are true professionals who do nothing less than ensure that as a customer you are taken care of! A must select for employees of the year, if I was sitting on the selection board!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed June 1, 2014

As an annual HIlton Diamond member, I see my fair share of Hilton properties. This brand new hotel surprised me from the onset.

From the moment I walked in the door, I could tell this one is above most. The lobby was spacious and provides multiple areas to set up and work or hang-out with family/friends without feeling crowded. The courteous, personable, yet professional front desk staff was very informative and helpful, especially Fabian and their Director of Sales, Brad. From my experience, the staff at most brand new hotels is mediocre at best...not the case here! This team appears well-seasoned and on their game, which is the polar-opposite from most of my experiences at brand new hotels.

The rooms were surprisingly spacious when compared to a typical New York City area hotel room. The studio-style suite is equipped with a furnished kitchenette with high quality appliances. The love-seat in the room was actually comfortable, unlike most other hotels. The beds were comfortable and very clean. One thing I look forward to is a hot shower with good water pressure from a nice shower head, and this one delivers. My favorite part of the room was the view, both at day and night. Overlooking Manhattan, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler building, the UN Building, and the 59th St. Bridge are all close by and provide a great view. I loved laying in bed every night, which is adjacent to the window, and just staring at the lights of the Empire State Building as I fell asleep.

I never made it down for breakfast, but from what I saw, there was a lobby full of people who enjoyed it. I also didn't make it to their media room where there is an Xbox and a PS4 nor the gym. However, on the 7th floor, there is a nice elevated patio with tables and chairs where I sat and worked for a couple hours in the open air. I wish all hotels had this! This is a great area to set up and do some work, or bring a six pack back and hang out with a few friends.

As with most New York area hotels, there is one fall-back and that is parking. There is street parking around the area, and a commercial lot nearby, but the hotel only has a small hand-full of parking spots. Keep this in mind though, the hotel is only a short cab ride (10min) from Laguardia and the hotel is situated only two streets over from the 39th St. NYC Subway station (N and Q trains). So if you are looking to spend your time in the city, you won't need a car when staying here!

I'm currently traveling to New York every other week for business and this hotel has become my hotel of choice for my stays. Its rare to find all of the above mentioned items wrapped up into one hotel.I look forward to many more positive experiences the the Home2 in Long Island City. Keep up the great work Home2 LI, you're doing great!

Room Tip: Always ask for a room facing Manhattan, even if it costs a little more, its worth it! 7th Floor has...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hilton_Delta_Diamond
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel is a very nice, new suite-style hotel....with a small kitchenette. It is only a few train stations from the city, but it seems a bit too far for me....so I only stayed one night and then moved into Manhattan near where I was going to meetings. If you stay here, don't let the front desk arrange a cab for you....as they will get a limousine service which is about 4x what you would pay for a regular yellow cab. Walk a block down the street toward Northern...and you can easily pick up a yellow cab.....or you're also only a block from the subway station.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank worldtraveler11111
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2014

A truly professional and knowledgable staff! I personally want to thank Michael and Miranda for making my wife and I stay so very rewarding! Great directions and never once did not disappoint us ? From directions and use of the subway to ensuring our room and needs were met! In all my travel, I have only met one other hotel staff person that showed the true professionalism that Michael and Miranda did and does daily. That member also was a Hilton employee ! We look forward to our next visit it NYC and without a doubt Home2 Suites Long Island City will be our choice to stay! Thank you so very much in making our 31st anniversary so special and look forward to our paths crossing again! If you had to select an employee of the year, they definitely would be co-winners! I hope the management staff recognizes them both for their outstanding and professional service! Again thank you! Lary&Sharon Hurlbut

Room Tip: All rooms were great, fresh and new!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple