“We wouldn't stay here again!”

La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
Parker, Colorado
“We wouldn't stay here again!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We checked in and asked about the parking. He told me about the lot, and it reminded me of a bumper car lot. What was my next choice? The clerk recommended I park under the Metro train bridge for a daily fee. So much for free parking! Then we went to our room. Very outdated, but I'm ok with that as long as it's clean. One bed had a moist yellow stain on the sheets. I called to complain and was told that housekeeping would be coming in at 10pm and would change the sheets. At 10:05 a man handed my daughter a sheet. I called again requesting another sheet, and this time I handed the man the dirty sheets. He looked at me insulted that I'd do that. The desk people were courteous but not really helpful or nice. There has to be somewhere better!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Parking behind the hotel has relatively few spaces awkwardly configured - but it's great if you get in. Two subway (elevated) stations are within ~3 blocks, and Times Square is a quick ride away on the 7 line. Wifi was fine, rooms large but not maintained to a high standard. Included breakfast is acceptable if one isn't too fussy.

• Stayed July 2013
WPB
Reviewed June 27, 2013

room was large, everything worked, was clean, staff friendly n helpful, good area, lots of places around, coffee, mcds, petes diner, trains. it was pleasant good for the money, close to eats n trains, felt safe day and night.

Room Tip: iam planning on staying here again.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank LLW123
Fort Mill, SC
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I admit I was a tad nervous after reading some reviews, but this hotel is great! I am writing this from my large, clean, room! The shower is fantastic, too! There was a bit of a smell but nothing too really complain about. The staff is EXTREMLY friendly. Saving money by staying in LIC made our NYC trip affordable. FREE parking so I parked and relied on PT. Steps away from the 7 train thats takes you right into times square. Either left or right out of building. At off hours you must go to the Queensboro station by turning left and walking for a bit following tracks above. The area is very safe and I walked with my daughter after midnight with no problem. We also enjoyed Petes Grill open 24 hours, right next to the McDonald s that's across the street. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Khloe
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice to stay and location like in manhattan and best rate. why we should spend.more money in manhattan. Nice restaurant and bar near by and subway station is ome.block from the hote. i had nice trip of ny.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in May 2013. I was looking for a reasonably price alternative to Manhattan that still involved easy access to Manhattan. This hotel fits that bill. For the same priced we'd be lucky to get a closet sized room on Manhattan. Our room on the third floor was relatively large, modern and clean. The big issue here is that you have to be confident and comfortable riding the train/subway. The 7 line runs right by the hotel, and is 6 stops from Grand Central (15 mins). We lived in NYC in the 80s, so the subways today are nothing we worry about even after midnight. Just try to avoid rush hour if possible. The one negative was the breakfast, which was mediocre at best. If you like bagels or donuts and tasteless coffee your set. After two days, I went to the next door McDonald's (open 24hrs.). I almost hate to review it, because I want this place to stay as is.

Room Tip: No views and only 4-5 stories with elevator, so no preferred room that I can tell.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple