The hotel gets 4 stars (well I guess technically 4 circles) for its location and value for the money. The subway, which will take you to grand central, bryant park, and times square in 15-20 minutes, is 2 blocks from the hotel. You can see the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building when you're walking back to the hotel from the subway. There are also a bunch of restaurants nearby, a CVS, and the area is very safe. I felt confident and secure as a petite woman walking back from the subway at night. Even though the hotel is by the elevated subway tracks, I didn't notice much train noise or street noise. For a price that's lower than anything you'll find in Manhattan, you get a clean room with a refrigerator, that's a decent size in a quiet location.
The negatives: the wifi was a little slow, especially at night. There was a mediocre selection at breakfast. Both of these amenities were free, and they definitely sufficed, so I can't really complain too much. There was also an awkward setup in the lobby. You will have to drag your luggage up some stairs to get to the elevator. The A/C unit in the room was pretty loud. Luckily I didn't have to use it too often during my trip.
The positives definitely outweighed the negatives. This hotel is good for people who are looking for a no frills hotel that will provide you with a clean and safe place to stay while you're exploring New York, and it won't completely empty out your wallet.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn Queens New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Queens Hotel Long Island City
- La Quinta Queens
- La Quinta Long Island City
- Long Island City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn Queens New York City Long Island City