La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
Ramada Long Island City(Long Island City)
$150
$209
Home2.com
$149
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$175
  • Restaurant
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$179
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$100
$149
$138
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$233
$186
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$182
$129
  • Fitness center
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$245
$225
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree parkingtimes squarebagelsnew yorksmall lotshort blockstrain noisedesk staffplace to sleepfelt safegas stationcomplimentary breakfastvisiting nyclinedinercvsneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Exactly what you expect for a hotel that costs 100 dollars a night. But we payed 450 a night plus tax. We had booked a Marriott property in Manhattan but less than 24 hours before we checked in, our room was canceled. The storm Sandy had come through on Tuesday. Marriott emailed us at 6:45 pm on Thursday and canceled our room. Frantically we searched the internet for a room and the La Quinta was all that was available. It was noisy and the lobby and hallways were dirty. The facility was old. The curtains in the room were designed not to close so most of the street light and street noises were disruptive at night.On a positive note, the room was relatively clean. The staff were helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pecan10
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The location of this hotel is good, it is near everything. But nothing works. The elevator and the computers and the printers do not work. The main elevator doesn't go to the lobby. You have to walk up or walk down to get to the elevator. It was very hard for me, I had a baby and carriage and suitcases. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Please consider staying somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Bye227
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Aside from the ridiculously DISGUSTING ROOMS (public hair found on the telephone, hair pins scattered on the rug and sticky counters), I was charged $260 a night for a room that normally costs $160-180 simply because the management was cognizant of the fact that there was a high demand for accommodations from displaced and evacuated HURRICANE SANDY (like myself). I would NEVER HAVE stood there, nor accepted those EXORBITANT prices but I had no where else to go! DON'T WALK. RUN!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristen C
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am in the process of filing a formal complaint against this hotel with their corporate office. The people are nasty, they overcharged my card and the hotel room had blood, dirt and fecal matter all over the place, we checked out after an hour and they triple charged my card!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Cindy W
Reviewed October 18, 2012

But take earplugs! Even though we complained about a broken air conditioner which sounded like farm machinery in the room at times nothing was done to fix the problem. We did see a worker around the place but there was no improvement and the request for a change of room was denied. Breakfast was very basic. The rooms otherwise were clean and comfortable. The subway up the road is very handy as was macdonalds right outside for a cheap meal when necessary. We stayed 10 nights and felt apart from the air con it was good value.
I reviewed Days Inn down the road a couple of years back with 2 stars but in comparison to la Quinta I would prefer days inn who had a better breakfast and would revise my score up to 3 stars now if I could. However days inn did not have any facility for leaving luggage after check out in a secure area which was provided atmla Quinta.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends