“Great Meal. Manhattan quality. Foodie approved”
Review of Crescent Grill

Crescent Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Crescent Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a farm-to-table restaurant located in Long Island City, Queens, focused on providing sustainable fare for New York's residents and visitors alike. Our family-run business is committed to three things: offering its patrons top-quality seasonal food, providing a Manhattan-level dining experience at a neighborhood level, and adding a meaningful contribution to Long Island City's already vibrant culture. To our patrons, we give our thanks; to newcomers, welcome!
Reviewed November 9, 2013

When we moved into our new place (after living in Manhattan for 10 years) our neighbor told us about this restaurant. We were extremely surprised at how good the food was -- better quality than some of the amazing Manhattan meals I've had. I'm a bit of a food snob and this is a true gem of a restaurant. I loved the duck meatballs. Roasted chicken and boar ribs were perfectly cooked and the veggies/sides were very good. We went once for casual burgers and once for "date night" both fantastic meals. The check was cheaper than it would be in Manhattan AND the food quality better and portions bigger. Truly great food.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Crescent Grill was highly recommended by Noel who was on duty at the Fairfield Inn & Suites when I checked in. Upon entering the cozy restaurant, I was warmly welcomed by Ryan, the bartender/front of house/event manager who immediately recommended that I try a glass of Josh Cabernet Sauvignon. This cab was totally unlike any other cab I've had - soft on the tongue, full of fruit, with great legs and no tannin at all. I chose the Wagyu (New Zealand) NY Strip Steak for my dinner. It came out simply seasoned, seared and grilled to uttter perfection. I'm so impressed that I'm going back tomorrow night and have the NY State wild boar chop! Ryan, who is one of the most personable bartenders I've ever met, gave me the run down on how the chef insisrted on using local sourcing for produce and upstate breeders for chicken and wild boar. But the steak and hamburger is pure Wagyu from New Zealand, handcut and ground in house. So tender and mouthwatering. I'm so impressed that I'm going back tomorrow night and have the NYS wild boar chop!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We ate there on a Wednesday night and were the only patrons. I was surprised because the food was very good. They don't have a liquor license yet, so I'm sure that hurts. My wife and I ordered 1 salad, which we intended to share. I was pleasantly surprised that the staff split it for us without having to ask. It had a very nice balsamic vinaigrette dressing and lightly dressed, fresh greens. A very good start to the meal. They provided fresh bread and butter, and asked if we wanted more. We declined, but the rolls were good-a couple sesame encrusted rolls and 1 dinner roll with very hard butter.
I ordered the New York strip, which is Wagyu beef and very flavorful. It was pan fried, which was different, but delicious. It is served with real mashed potatoes and asparagus.
My wife had the boar which is served bone-in. It came with rice and vegetables. She said it was a little tough and preferred my steak.
My only complaint really, other than not being able to have wine or a drink with dinner, was that an automatic 18% gratuity was added. I know this is customary for say, 6 or more customers, but just the two of us? Really? If it's mandatory, call it "service" not gratuity. I really don't like this. I almost always tip 20% when its not mandatory. Provide good service and you will be rewarded.

1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Food and ambience awesome. Prices are excellent for quality and craft of food. Servers attentive. Many specials each day and very imaginative (roasted tomato ravioli with pheasant) Duck meatballs with roasted fig, balsamic reduction and siracha sauce. Portions large. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went in on my way back to hotel, staff welcome was best in NYC, they explained they were still waiting for license so no alcahol. no problem went in had a nice compact but varied menue. iced water served as well as hot bread rolls. the food was fantastic, portions excelent. this place is definitely worth a visit if you are a local, or staying in one of the nearby hotels, oh and the decor is great too