“Awful Steak”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 1 block West of Vernon Blvd.
Transit: Subway (3 blocks) 7, E, F, G, to 23rd & Ely, Long Island City, Queens
Description: Water's Edge offers spectacular panoramic views of the New York City Skyline, world-class decor and renowned cuisine. Our landmark venue sits upon the East River leaving the breathtaking views etched into your memory. The combination of superb cuisine & unparalleled service is sure to impress even the most discerning of guests.
Brooklyn, New York
“Awful Steak”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Great ambiance, good service but terrible food. The 14 oz New York strip I had was extremely tough to cut and chew. My jaw still ached the next morning from the effort to masticate that steak. My companion did enjoy her Seabass, though.The server did not charge for dessert after informing him about my displeasure with my steak. It was my first time dining at the Edge, and probably will be my last time. But for those who enjoy romantic evenings with a beautiful view, then this place will suit you well.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Hkterm

Madison, Wisconsin
“Go for the view”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had mixed first impressions of this place. The long walk from the subway made me a bit uncomfortable, the neighborhood was kinda sketchy, however the lot was filled with BMWs and Lexus' so it must be nice, right? We had a groupon for the seafood appetizer for two with drinks. We also ordered a short rib ravioli. The food was great and the view can NOT be beat. This was a high end (expensive) place, but a good value with the discount.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank KC10156
Knoxville, Tennessee
“great view on Manhattan”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The restaurant almost seems like an insider tip, as it was not very crowded on a Saturday evening, despite its incomparable great views on the Manhattan skyline.

We had the halibut and the swordfish there, which both were pretty good.

I ordered flowers from a local florist to let them be set on our table, which I arranged with their manager Kathy.

The mostly rather young waiters have been very nice.

Outside they have a landing stage, where you can go up to the water and again enjoy the view on the Manhattan skyline.

They don't have their water taxi anymore, so it is difficult to reach the place from Manhattan.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Alois M
New York City, New York
“Good with a Groupon”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place has ambience from the front door to the end of he meal. I was a little nervous when I first pulled into the parling lot, industrial area & very dark. However we were lucky enough to have a table that overlooked the NYC skyline. It was beautiful, however the staff wasn't to friendly. Im not sure if it was the fact that we were using a Groupon or not. The food I have to say was good, portions small (but that comes with "Fine Dining" term). The Groupon was for a seafood appetizer raw seafood platter and 2 drinks (drinks - good, stong). In addition to the Groupon we ordered Rib Eye to share, then molten cake for dessert.

Bottom Line: Food good
Service: ok
Price: $$$$
Will I be back, probably not

• Visited February 2013
Malverne, New York
“Fine dining ? Not so fine”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family and I read about this online we live in malverne, and thought it would be a nice change to eat out with a scenic view. We called around 4pm and they told us they had nothing open till 8:30pm. We got there around 8pm and the restaurant was more then half empty. We were seated in the back near a table that was so loud it was unbearable and we asked to move. The whole staff is Indian which created a weird vibe considering this was not an Indian or ethnic restaurant. We were given bread that was of the same quality of wonder bread, very soft with a hint if garlic. We ordered the baby lettuce salad for $10.00 it was literally 1 lettuce with 1 cucumber wrapped around the bottom stalk. The menu is limited, and there are no specials. Our glasses of water were not refilled once all night until we asked. My family and I ordered the fillet minion and lamb. The meal was terrible, obviously nothing was cooked by the chef, or freshly made. It was all pre-made and just simply warmed up. They knew we were very un-satisfied and gave us a "complementary glass of champagne on the house", which when we asked the kind, the waitor admitted it was just sparkling wine. We were given a 50% discount off the bill, however we are 100% positive that we will never return. I'm writing this review to encourage you not to go, no matter how appealing the view looks. It's just not worth it.

• Visited January 2013