“Great local place should be a destination!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manetta's Ristorante

Manetta's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 49 th and 50 th
Transit: Vernon Blvd - Jackson Av (7, 7X) 21 St (G) Hunters Point Av (7, 7X)
Long Island City, New York
“Great local place should be a destination!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at Minetta's many times over the past 14 years. The ood s always delicious. We take family, friends and business guests as well as we are certain they will have a very good meal. The service is very good, but it is the food that keeps us oming back. Last night we brought our friends from Italy to dine with us at Minetta's. they too thoroughly enjoyed their eal. The fish is fresh, the sauces delicate yet savory. Go!

NYC
“Consistently Great for many years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

When we entertain special clients - we always count on their great food and friendly service. It is probably the Number One spot for our business lunches.

We also cater many of our business functions from their kitchen. The clients love it!

We've been a fan forever! And they keep on being great!!

• Visited September 2012
vancouver
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Staying at the new Wyndham up the street from Manetta's which the staff at reception highly recommended. We walked the few short blocks to find a very enjoyable experience. Our waitress was perfect. Gave us her honest opinion of options on the menu. She actually recommended we didn't have certain items. Our choices were perfect and the wine list did not disappoint with a good variety of wines at affordable prices.

The only part of the meal that was disappointing was our choice of desserts. We were the first to try a new offering as they had run out of Tiramasu. Left us wanting but they made up for it by comping us. For a fun, relaxed evening with great food and atmosphere, you will not be disappointed with Manetta's.

New York City, New York
“Nice neighbohood Italian, an excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

A Friench couple who were living in the neighborhood first took me there twelve years ago, and it has become my favorite, even after the couple left the area. Several years ago this restaurant was rennovated and it looks nicer now. Only 1 minute from the No. 7 subway station.

As appetizers, my husand and I like to share some salad (the one with oranges and beets is one recommendation, and the one with roasted apples and haselnuts is another) and baked clams. Main dishes are always tasty, and not expensive either. Recently my husband had something with veal which he liked, and I had gnocchi with tomato sauce. It is still the best gnocchi I have ever had. In the past, I have tried almost all of their pastas. They were all good including Linguini Nere with shrimp and a litte spicy toato sauce, and another kind of pasta with eggplants!

As to the dessert, I have tried several times, and never thought it was too good or at least of value. So I have not had dessert there for at least five years. But maybe I was always so full I could not feel anything good any more! Also, long time ago they told me that they bought those desserts from someone, but last time I think I saw a sign that now they offer something house-made, so I must try it one day...when I have the heart to stop eating the main dish.

Long Island
“VERY ANIMATED NOISY RESTAURANT BUT GOOD FOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Went there as a party of three and sat in the main dining room. We could barely hear ourselves speak because there were several large tables with either unruly children or loud adults. We also could barely hear the waiter with the evening's offerings. The hostess did offer to move us to the back, but it would not have made a difference in the noise level. Definitely not a place for the hard of hearing.
We began with mussels in white sauce and they were big and juicy. The salad offering was ok-not outstanding. One person had the veal topped with eggplant and thought it was great. One person had the lamb chops with a green sauce (? basil) which was done to perfection. The third person had the pizza with arrugula, mushroom and truffle oil which was superb. For dessert the frozen peach and the very fresh tiramasu cake were great.

Overall, this is the second time here--the first being several years ago--and we would go back. The food is wonderful and the service is good. We will try to seat our selves in the front portion of the restaurant which is the smaller, more quiet section and of course, next time make a reservation. It's helpful, especially for a Saturday evening. Good restaurant to go to even if you don't live in the area but are nearby or want someplace different to go to.

• 3 of 5 bubbles