“They will steal some extra money from your credit card!!!”

Arharn Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Astoria, New York
“They will steal some extra money from your credit card!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Avoid this place! These people will steal some extra money from your credit card!

I took my lady out for diner at this place and we asked the server for advise between a few meals on the menu, and after we have order 1 meal for each of us, mistakenly she brought us 3 meals for two of us!! We realized a bit late and at the end when we explained that they just said sorry and still charged us for the full price of the 3rd dinner. We told them it's not a big deal.

Since I always check my bills against my credit cards, a week ago I noticed they took some extra dollars for them as a tip!!! Can you believe that! This is the first time I have had this experience and I have traveled to many cities, many countries.

Then when I called the manager, he said he cannot reimburse me the money to my credit card and I would have to go back to the restaurant and pick up those extra dollars! :) :) :) This was just, just, just unbelievable!

For the authenticity, here are the details of the transaction - 08/19/2012 at 19:49:12.

My advise - avoid this place!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Edo M

milwaukee, WI
“Pre-wedding dinner party.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great food, pleasant service, reasonable prices, attentiveness to our needs as a group.

Visited July 2012
donegal
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Lovely restaurant. Relaxed mood with friendly staff. Food was excellent. Good value for money - beer and wine at reasonable prices for New York - try it!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank billybastings
Toronto, Canada
“Good food in casual atmosphere”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We enjoyed eating here. It's not posh but it's not downscale either. Just a straightforward family-owned restaurant that delivers authentic Thai food, a quiet casual atmosphere, and friendly attentive service.
I had the Gaeng Pak - mixed vegetables and tofu with red curry in coconut milk. It was as good as any I've had in much pricier restaurants. And I've spent a fair amount of time in Thailand. This is the real stuff.
It's a good place to stop if you're going or coming from the Museum of the Moving Image. It's just steps from the 36th Avenue subway station.

• Visited November 2011
long island
“Best authentic Thai restaurant in NYC!”
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Simply the best thai restaurant around...grilled steak salad, shredded green papaya, grilled pork w/garlic, crispy duck penang are among the best! There are are some 'off the menu' specials that are great, but, it helps if you speak Thai. Also try their very unique Coconut ice cream w/palm seed for dessert...it doesn't taste anythng like coconut, but its amazing nonetheless!