Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were taken to this restaurant by relatives who live in Queens. Not busy when we arrived so no issues with the service. Food was, without fail, excellent. The pork chop with a hot, cherry pepper sauce had my wife asking for the recipe. I had veal with a Marsala sauce - also delicious. Capped off with the best affagato I’ve had, including in Italy. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (90)

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Reviews saying the food is like Grandma used to make might be remembering food like the cousin made who used to take care of me and my sisters when my parents were at work: Chef Boyardee, or, even worse, spaghetti served straight from the pot, without a collander, sauced with ketchup. Well, it's not that bad here, but this is a menu from 50 years ago, with none of the spicing or flavor you'd get in the average restaurant in Italy (or elsewhere on Vernon Blvd.!). In a nod to Grandma, they're easy on the garlic -- I could barely taste it on the broccoli rabe. If the room in this big restaurant is mostly empty, it's not because, to paraphrase the owner, a proponent of having Amazon as a neighbor, publicly stated: "Vernon Blvd. is a wasteland" that needs Amazon employees to fill the tables -- it's because there are many Italian restaurants nearby who do a better job cooking for today's diners. You can survive only so long in this vibrant dining area counting on family birthday parties and people who long for the food they had as children.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

We met at Manducatis Rustica on Vernon Boulevard in Long Island City in Queens, New York City. The food and service were excellent.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 14, 2019

We had a table of eight people and there were only a few other tables occupied in the whole restaurant. It took almost two and a half hours from start to finish and we didn’t order appetizers! It was completely bizarre- our drink order was taken 1-2 people at a time. The person would write down the drink or drinks, leave the table and return with those drinks, then take the next person’s order. Our entrees order was taken all at once about a half hour later, but the food was delivered one by one with significant lag time in between. By the time the last person in the party had his food delivered, the first half of the table was already done. The quality of the food was definitely overshadowed by the odd delivery. However, timing aside, those of us that ordered specialty pizzas said they were delicious. The margherita pizza was ok. Pasta was good and the peasant salads were old school and tasty. Not sure if we would go back here or not.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed September 13, 2019

I stopped in with long time patron Tony today and had a delicious plate of octopus and potatoes. I tasted the special pizza of the day which was molto buono and had an excellent espresso made by Gianna with love. If I lived closer, Manducatis would be my neighborhood restaurant!

Date of visit: September 2019