“Great atmosphere!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My favorite place in LIC! The pizzas and salads are a must. Great atmosphere and superior service. LOVE LOVE the grilled calamari.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Quality food in an unpretentious restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised to find such great food in this location--not that it was a bad neighborhood. We walked around after dinner and enjoyed a great view of Manhatten. We actually found this restaurant by searching reviews on our phones.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good dinner. Found out wine is $5 at the bar and $10 at a table. Too late.The bread pudding for dessert was excellent though small to share.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice Italian restaurant located on Vernon. Some great pasta dishes if you are craving some italian. Also great for happy hour at the bar with some good value wines and yummy appetizers. Another local favorite of mine. Atmosphere is good too whether it be for an afterwork dinner or date!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Testaccio is absolutely amazing... in all aspects!

My fiancee and I wanted to have our rehearsal dinner here, with our main reason being that Testaccio is in close proximity to our venue. After our initial tasting experience, our minds were blown out of proportion and we were left dazed and speechless. I can't wait until the actual rehearsal dinner day itself.

We selected the $45/person party menu and were pampered for the next two hours. Our server, Denise, was immaculate and we were assured that the same impeccable service should be expected on the day of. The manager would check in on us every so often as well and make sure that everything was taken care of and to our liking. Food kept overflowing on our table, and I swear this was a complimentary tasting for six people, not two.

I was surprised with the bread assortments. They were delicious. The salad was fresh and the Antipasto del Testaccio was interesting and unique. Super thin crust pizza, baked in a brick oven imported from Italy, was fabulous. These items would be refilled to our guests until all the entrees have been fulfilled.

Denise and the staff started us off on the Ravioli agli spinaci and the Lasagna al ragu', spinach/ricotta ravioli and veal lasagna, respectively. These were outstanding dishes, and I was delighted. I'm a huge fan of ravioli and lasagna and they put the perfect ingredients on it to make it tons better than expected. I never expected Testaccio to top these plates next with the Ciccia al pepe rosa and the Filetto di merluzzo al basilico, skirt steak and codfish fillet, respectively. The skirt steak was cooked in a delicious seasoning/sauce. It was tender and juicy. It came with sauteed spinach that really caught me by surprise. I never expected to enjoy spinach this much. The fish was just as amazing, if not better, and was cooked to perfection. All these entree dishes at the tasting were only half sizes of what would appear on the day of, but the portions were still huge.

Dessert was clutch. The Tortino di cioccolato e caffe' is a dark chocolate and espresso flan with rum caramel sauce and whipped cream. Wow. I was in paradise. We were already full and dying in our seats, but we killed the dessert in an instant because it was just that good.

I highly, highly recommend Testaccio. Great owner, manager, and servers. Awesome food. Lovely decor and a pleasing ambiance. Perfection...