“Wish I Lived Closer!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Great Roman Italian food, end of story. It is a nice atmosphere, good service, good value. I wish I lived closer so I could return to try more dishes!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Entrance and decor setup false expectations. It is in a nice location, has interesting dishes listed on their menu but the quality of the food and the service are very disappointing. Had carpaccio once which was in essence a steak, raw. You expect carpaccio to be a very thin sliced piece of meat which melts in your mouth. This was not. Have been there multiple times and in every single occasion something went wrong: they missed to deliver dishes, they served me late, or, even worse, they served fish which had probably expired a couple of days earlier.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

As always the best place to find real great Italian food in Manhattan is in the five Boroughs.
Testaccio is no exception to my rule, but rather it proves it out.
The facility is very nicely appointed and friendly and the waiters are the real deal (professionals).
We were a part of six celebrating a friends birthday. Everyone was happy with their dinner.
My husband and I shared the Insalata Di Pomidori: Red and Yellow Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and Red Onions lightly dressed with basil oil and vinegar.I had the Tilapia al Capperi in Limone ( great), my husband had the Saltimbocca and some of our party had the organic grilled lamb chops--all pronounced their dinner sublime.
The wine list and the deserts are also outstanding.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is not your regular Italian restaurant so I would recommend checking over the Secondi instead of the normal pasta fare that you can get at dozens of other restaurants nearby. You will not be disappointed. The Cornish game hen is my favorite dish there.

The atmosphere is very nice. I am frequently dining alone when traveling and was quite interested in the decor, service staff interactions, and, I'll admit, the conversations going on around me. Service was excellent and the waiter was attentive.

Be careful of the desserts, though! Four people are needed to finish one off.

Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I walked in this cozy restaurant to find some men speaking Italian. They have window doors that fully open to give that open air feel. I was lucky enough to sit at a table that was right in the open doorway. I had their sangria and a pizza. Delicious. They also had some apitizers on the bar behind me witch were free! Well spent late lunch on a breezy sunny afternoon