It's always about personal experience, but in my case I found the hotel no more than average.
Breaking it down:
- Room: I stayed in a room with 6 people. The room is quite small for such a crowd, the toilet and shower room are inside the room so if you want to take a shower, go to the toilet, or sleep longer, be sure you will disturb your room mates. The room I stayed was right in front of the metro line and the noise inside the room was incredibly loud!
- Staff: they are there to do their jobs. Nothing else. I've been to more friendly hostels before.
- Cleanliness: the rooms were fairly clean, nothing worth of note though.
- Location: Convenient. A couple of blocks from the city, although a bit far to reach by bike.
If catching a cab from the airport, do expect to pay around 50 bucks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Fully Renovated Hotel & Hostel! 3 Stories, and Full Basement of pure comfort, convenience and unbelievable affordability! Long Island City is located in western Queens, just across the East River from Midtown Manhattan and the Upper East Side. It is one of the most "vibrant areas in Queens and all of New York City." "In the last twenty years overwhelmingly industrial Long Island City has become a major cultural center with world-class art and working artists." Only 10 minutes from Midtown Manhattan and a block from subway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Q4 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Q4 Hotel Long Island City, New York