New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Almere, The Netherlands
“Conveniently close to Manhattan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel is a good choice if you want to be near Manhattan but, like me, want to stay away of all the over prized hotels on Manhattan. This hotel is located in Queens right next door to the Queensborough bridge. Queens Plaza subway station is just a 3 minute walk from the hotel. The Manhattan bound E train takes you in just two stops to midtown Manhattan (Lexington/53d street). The rooms, albeit a little small, are what you may expect from a Fairfield Inn. They are clean and modern and they come with all the amenities. Don't let small stop you from booking because if you come to New York you are not planning to stay long days at your hotelroom, are you? My room was on the 14th floor and although there is some construction going on in a lot across the street, it was barely noticeable. The staff was helpful and cordial. Breakfast is free and if you don't mind eating your eggs or waffles from plastic party dishes you'll be fine. There is juice, milk, coffee, bagels, bread and cereals. Valet parking is available. So all in all this hotel is a great choice

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms on the higher floors.
1 Thank robwillems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in an industrial area but look past it and you'll see Manhattan skyline. Behind the hotel is the Silvercup East Studios.

I was impressed when the receptionist phoned our room to ask us if there was anything we need to make our stay comfortable. The housekeepers are friendly and gave us an extra blanket as requested. The hotel also provided a free shuttle to take us to the train station and back, which was very handy.There was also an ipod clock/dock with speakers so you can play your own music.

Ask for a room with a view. We were on the 12th floor so we had terrific view of Manhattan skyline.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank May B
Mauritius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

First impression wasn't t that good as the guy who did our check in was quite rude except from 'hi' he didn't say much and when was asked some questions..he answered 'what do you want to know!' But thanks to Joe and Adam professionalism we were relieved to know there are very kind and helpful staff there. The ladies from housekeeping too were very nice. The location is really good and the rooms very clean.subway is 5mins walk.

Room Tip: Book room on higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank LPattar
Queens, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property for the first time recently. Everything about this hotel is easy. There are many places to eat within walking distance. I recommend the closest Papa John's for pizza - they will deliver to this hotel.

You can go anywhere that you need to from this location - lots of public transportation within blocks.

I was pleasantly surprised by the large stall shower. Also, the rooms, hallways and lobby are decorated in a modern style

There is free breakfast, although not enough room to sit comfortably - I brought it up to my room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Randomtraveler100
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

During the Polar Vortex I ended up here rather than at JFK with my fellow passengers. Watched a few games in the lobby with other stranded passengers. Drank some beer and ate some pizza. The hotel was warm. Thankful I am and had a good sleep. Did not have breakfast as I departed at 0400.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
2 Thank 4whatitsworth2day
Torrance, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Made a mistake booking thru Expedia and the Manager (of the Fairfield) jerked us around for 30 minutes after he said he would try to cancel "missed" fee (refused to deal with the Expedia rep.) Later he said it was "Taken care of" ! I asked him if he cancelled the fee and he then admitted that he couldn't cancel the fee!
I told him that I would rather go to the Four Points by Sheraton(3 blocks away) Everything worked out for the best Not going to the Fairfield!!

Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gregg S
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I seldom write negative reviews because I rarely have bad experiences at hotels. I would have liked my stay at this hotel for 2 nights only if I hadn't had so many bad experiences with their customer service. In fact the lack of customer service is the most annoying experience with this hotel. I gave my car to a hotel valet for a day and when I got the car back after checkout, I noticed damage to the rear bumper. I showed the damage to the valet and he took me straight to the front desk person who at least had the decency to apologize for the incident that took place on their property. I was asked to fill out a loss and incident report and was told that a manager would handle the case in a few days. I call the hotel after 5 days hoping to get a manager on the phone. He was in a meeting and I had to leave a voice message. I called 4 times since then and every single time I had to leave voice messages with no response afterwards. The general managers are always busy and do not bother to receive calls from guests or respond to their voice messages. This morning I noticed that I was charged for 2 nights of valet parking when I had the car parked just for a day. The hotel room itself wasn't entirely bad although for some odd reason I was given a handicap-friendly room. The shower curtains reeked of urine smell. The only positives were that the location of the hotel is very convenient (5 mins walk to Queens Plaza station) and the complimentary breakfast was good.

Sleep Quality