“Great price. Easy subway to Midtown.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This review is based on a two night stay to attend a wedding in Queens and to visit friends in Midtown Manhattan.

This is a new hotel in an "up and coming" part of queens. There is nothing in the vicinity of the hotel but you are within a 5 min walk of several subway lines. I took the 7 train to get into Manhattan. The area near the hotel felt safe (I feel safe everywhere in NYC), but it is a little desolate, especially late at night.

Room was perfect and the free breakfast was fairfield standard (actually very good). Breakfast room/hotel lobby is very nice with ample power points.

Overall a very good value option if you are okay getting the subway into Manhattan or to your destination in the city and want to avoid the super high Manhattan hotel prices.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank MR_Gold_IRL

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed in the Fairfield Inn and Suites for 19 days this past February 2014 to help our son and his girlfriend. The staff there is amazing--especially Jasmine at the Front Desk!! They/she made me feel right at home and helped with anything I needed while I was there! They had a great free breakfast and a nice evening restaurant/bar!! The weather was terrible, but the staff really made my stay THE BEST ever!! The location is wonderful, too--right over the Queensboro bridge is mid-town Manhattan!! Will definitely stay there on my next visit to NYC!!

Room Tip: High floors are the quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank naplesnurse74
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for around a month in March 2014 and it was a pleasant experience. The property is new and well maintained. The breakfast spread was wholesome with courteous staff around. Good wifi and other amenities. All in all a good setup. If you are travelling to Long Island or queens ... Try this place. Well connected by trains too.

Only suggestion I have is that the place is highly under marketed. Please put up dorm big boards on top for it to be visible from far. Not easy to spot it.

Thanks

Room Tip: Single king size bed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here last week at the back end of a business trip before flying out of LaGuardia. It is about a 10 minute cab ride from LGA, but it is only a block from the subway station. I took the subway into Manhattan for the afternoon.
The hotel was good, but the staff was amazing. Both the afternoon staff and morning staff went above and beyond to make my staff perfect. In fact, one of the guys even gave me a phone charger after I mentioned i left mine in the last hotel.
I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a short visit here after our flight from LaGuardia was cancelled.
The overall quality is good and what you would expect from somewhere backed by the Marriott brand. We were pretty tired when we arrived but found the beer cold and the food menu although limited was perfectly OK for bar food. At the bar we ended up talking to the hotel management team who were great company and clearly passionate about the hotel. We paid well over the odds for our room but that is what you expect when flights are cancelled with hotels close to the airport - that said the day to day rate for the hotel looks very competitive for what you get. As for the room this was very spacious and clean - you also get free wifi! The breakfast in the morning was excellent - with a wide variety of hot and cold food and I especially enjoyed making my own waffle.
I am not sure about the location but if you want a friendly hotel with good sized rooms and a decent price (though not when your flight has been cancelled!) then this is one well worth considering.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a good, clean hotel which is very convenient to Manhattan and Queens.

Pros:
It is conveniently located between two subway stops which has many major trains (39th street and Queens Plaza). The rooms were very clean and above 2.5* standards. It is not luxurious by any means but has all the basic needs you would ask for in a hotel. The rooms are a good size...nothing too big or too smal. Although not a major factor as I was rarely in my hotel room during my travel, they have the best entertainment aspect I've seen in a hotel outside of Vegas. A television with a guide accessible through the remote (!!!! more hotels need this!) with an incredible amount of channels (including tons of movie options, hbos, etc). I stayed in two 4* hotels during this same trip and they were not even close. It's not a big factor in choosing a hotel, but if you have a few minutes to relax, it's nice to have that option. Good bang for your buck type of hotel.

Cons:
It's not Manhattan, but that's more of a note than a con. The price was a bit higher than I'd like to pay (I paid ~$160 on priceline) but it was close to Memorial Day weekend (checking out on Saturday). The neighbourhood does have a fair amount of construction, but I did not find it noisy in any way, shape, or form. The lobby/breakfast is a bit small.

Overall, I would give it 4.5 points. I rounded it up because I do not feel other reviewers that gave it a lower rating and it's overall rank for LI City does not reflect its quality (#13 as of this writing). I've stayed in another hotel in LI City (The Verve, #1 as of this writing) and although I would rank Verve ahead of it, it is comparable in quality. The staff was a bit surly on check-in which would have given me more towards the 4 point rating but during check out, the person checking me out (I can't remember his name..Spanish/Portuguese last name..the only reason I remember is because he mentioned it) was excellent and friendly and helped me out while I had to run to Manhattan for something and come back for my bags later. In short, don't be dissuaded by its ranking, for a decent price, this hotel is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Project86
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Cozy clean rooms, facilities were neat and tidy. Bigger breakfast bar and dinning area. Waffle,sausage, egg, coffee, hot chocolate, yogurt, cereals and breads were the choices. Very near queens plaza subway
just a block away. Accomodating staff. However it's far from restaurants so make sure you eat dinner before you head back. It
would also be better if they have laundromat. But
nevertheless we had a
pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
Travelers also viewed these Long Island City hotels
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 34 in Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Long Island Ci...
#2 of 34 in Long Island City
Best Western Plaza Hotel
Best Western Plaza Hotel
#7 of 34 in Long Island City
The Paper Factory Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel
#8 of 34 in Long Island City
Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Four Points by Sheraton Long Isl...
#24 of 34 in Long Island City
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View
Wyndham Garden Long Island City ...
#13 of 34 in Long Island City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!