“Friendly and Attentative Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendly and Attentative Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my first visit to NYC and at first I was skeptical about the location of this hotel. But no fear or worries. This is a brand new hotel that's situated on a quiet one way street near the train. Once you enter the hotel you do not hear the train at all. The staff was extremely helpful in helping us find our way around the city. When we called for additional towels they were brought up promptly.

The dining was great as well. The breakfast was replenished routinely. However on Saturday morning you had to wait a little longer because the young lady was working by herself which was crazy scheduling by the manager. But all in all everyone was patient and she kept everyone happy and fulfilled.

I definitely would stay here again. You can't beat the price!!!

Room Tip: There aren't any good views from this hotel. They are building the area up so give it a few yea...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Potomac, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

It's a new hotel, the rooms are clean, not large but adequate. The problem with this hotel is that an elevated train rumbled by, quite noisily, every 15 minutes or so. Drugstore earplugs were sufficient to drown it out and let me sleep, but I think the hotel should invest in better windows. Also, it's several blocks to any stores, you're in an industrial area, not conducive to doing anything outside the hotel, though you are three blocks or so from a train to Manhattan.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

great hotel. all new, all modern, pretty and sleek marriott. minutes from queensboro (FREE) bridge into Manhattan. continental breakfast. awesome and helpful front desk staff. (I had an issue with my travelocity reservation and the desk clerk allowed me to check in my room while he called to work out the issue to confirm my paid reservation.) the area isnt all that great, but it is not bad or scary or dangerous at all. its long island city - pretty industrial area but my daughter and i walked to the store quite late at night and there were are few runners and bikers - we felt extremely comfortable. i travel to nyc quite a bit and this will be my regular hotel going forward (as long as they dont raise the rates ridiculously high). i didnt take pictures but the photos online looks exactly as the hotel (in and out) looks in person.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the side of the train tracks.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

When I come to the City I usually stay with a friend in Brooklyn. However, he just moved to the Bronx and the morning commute was going to be a hassle for me to get to my morning meeting, so I decided just to stay here which was within walking distance.

The area reminds me of Brooklyn 15 years ago, so while it is a bit shabby looking, the morning streets were filled with young professionals jogging or going out for coffee. I never felt nervous at all, but if you were looking for a place close to restaurants this probably isn't your hotel unless you're cool with taking the subway a few stops.

The room itself was large, for NYC, and it was quiet, for NYC. Note that since it is near the trains you will hear them, but it wasn't loud enough to bother me. This was the second hotel I stayed in during this trip that had a nice sized shower with a door versus a curtain.

Overall I was pretty pleased with my night's stay. The cab from LGA was about $20 and I took the train or walked for the rest of the trip. The Internet access worked fine for me and the free breakfast was decent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Sortova,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel and services with the Trip Advisor Community. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience, and certainly do hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I traveled to the city for the electric zoo. I stayed the night of 8/31 and left the following morning. Check in was easy and fast. All of the staff were friendly at the beginning of my stay. My room was very clean. After a long night in the city I looked forward to sleeping. When I got to to the hotel immediately went straight to my room and went to directly to bed. A few hours later is when the nightmare began. I woke up early in the morning to people being very loud in the hall. I tried to wait it out and hoped whoever it was would go into their room(s) and call it a night. THAT NEVER HAPPENED. The people were going between at least 2 or 3 rooms being loud and not caring about the other guests. After a little while of putting up with it I finally got up to ask them to please quiet down.... That was a mistake. When I poked my head out and asked them to please quiet down cause I had a very long night I was met with the most rude, and obnoxious young lady I have ever met. This lady told me to go back into my room before she has me kicked out because she was the owner and didn't need to do anything. I told her that an owner would have more respect for her guests and she just said whatever and walked away. I WILL NEVER stay here again cause if this is the type of person that owns this hotel I will not give them a single cent of my hard earnedmoney.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank W0rldTraveler_1961
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear W0rldTraveler_1961,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a mix review of our hotel. While there were some things we did right, it is evident that your stay was not perfect due to noise disturbances.

We do have associates that continuously do a walk-through of the property to monitor cleanliness, guest safety & security, as well as identify any possible disturbances, however there are short windows of times where a specific area is unmonitored by an actual attendant when they are doing their rounds.

Although it is seemingly uncharacteristic for a Team Member or member from our Ownership Group to make such a bold statement, I certainly would like to identify this individual so that corrective actions can be taken. Please reach out to me at Ravi.Persaud@Marriott.Com at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss your review in more detail. Thank you and I certainly do look forward to hearing from you.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. I'll admit the area didn't look to be the best (though I think that is more New York in general than this specific hotel), the service here was top notch. We arrived long before the normal check-in time, around 1 p.m., and the staff went out of their way to get a room ready for us. The housekeeping and front desk staff were both extremely impressive as they worked to help make our trip a little easier. Our experiences with the valet parking were equally positive, and an employee chose to help us (completely on his own accord) to load and unload our luggage on arrival and departure. My only complaint is that the staff didn't wear nametags clearly enough, so I could know exactly who helped us out so much! If the hotel manager could provide an email address to me to contact, I'd love to at least send the names we managed to get, since they deserve praise for their hard work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
RaviPersaud, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Sirchuckles12,

Wow, what a fantastic review of our hotel! We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding the "Excellent Service" received. Please feel to contact me directly at Ravi.Persaud@Marriott.Com to further discuss any associates you felt exemplified superior service. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the New York City Area!

East Jewett, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Upon arriving I was greeted by both a courteous and helpfull staff. They were quick to make me comfortable and I was delighted by the view from my customary high floor. I liked the fifteenth floor it gives the best views of Manhattan.
Although the room was rather small the decor fit the ambience that is Long Island city. Modern and certainly New York urban.

Room Tip: A high floor for the best view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear WilliamPDuffy,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel and team members! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit & hope to welcome you back soon!