WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Orlando, Florida
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The staff at this hotel is so thoughtful and nice they deserve to be recognized.
Robin, Emily, and from Housekeeping Department Lala and William, regular overnight favorites Front Desk agent and Chris (who even helped figured out something in the computer while finishing a project) always with a smile, my favorite breakfast lady that is there 5 days out of my week and each one of YOU that have that service attitude instill in you, thank you for all you do!
While staying there I took the train to go to Manhattan (by the way the train station is very convenient, just a block away) and when I made it back and got out in the street felt totally lost….called the hotel and Noel answered very pleasant so I explained where I was. Very reassuring he said not to be scare (guessing he felt the panic in my voice?!) that I was at the right place just needed to go back and get out by the Northern exit and if I needed more assistance to call back. I did just what he instructed and arrived at the hotel within 5 minutes.
I stopped at the Front Desk to thank Noel just to find out that Brian from Valet Parking was on his way to meet me at the train station and make sure I was alright!
Noel called Brian to let him know I was already at the hotel and when Brian came back he mentioned the blue light and the clock on the top of a tall building to use as a guide, so every time I look at the light and clock I know I am going on the right direction. Noel and Brian thank you!
All of them are always eager to assist with a smile; they make you feel welcome and comfortable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank F F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here because the price was reasonable, all hotels in nyc are double the price. The staff was really nice and helpful, but because it's right by the bridge/metro station, so you can hear the train at night. We asked for a room that's higher up but we can still hear the train. Nothing you can do, its just a bad location. Bring your earplugs. The room is small under 200 sq ft but thats a good size compare to rooms in nyc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Me and my family stayed at this hotel for the weekend only one day and the customer service was Phenomenal. Tiffany and Cody at the front desk where the best front desk staff I have ever experience want to tell them Thank you for everything and every time I come to New York I will stay here no matter the cost. I work for a Marriott and I wish I work with them at my hotel. This hotel should be very proud to have them working with them they made my stay a very good one. See y'all again soon!!!

• Stayed February 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

The staff make this place 5 stars!
Facilities are very nice, fresh, new, confortable and accessible but people make the place.....
It's been a week already at this place and I have not been disappointed, for that I have to write this review. Tiffany at the Front Desk was delightful since the moment we called to get directions and when we walked in she called out my name (just a guess since we talked on the phone shortly before arriving) and treated us like if we were regulars at this place, very nice lady.
Hats off to Terrence who is an excepcional gentleman, his personality, commitment to serve and respect really stands out.
Keep up the good work and the great attitude!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChillofGod
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have stayed here with my friend 4 nights, mo - fri. The hotel looks great, I loved the décor! The room was spacios (the bathroom, too), but had indaquate storage space, just a small wardrobe, cca 50 cm wide. We had a room on the 15th floor with 2 doubles, beds were supercomfy. The trains are pretty loud, but we were so tired from shopping and sightseeing that it didn´t bother us. The free breakfast wasn´t my cup of tea, no alternative to the too sweet bakery products, only fresh food were apples and bananas. There were some butter, cheese spreads, corn flakes, oatmeals, yoghurts, milk, fruit compote and they also had a wafle maker. But it was free and better than nothing. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for high floor to reduce the noise and have a nice view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank BEA111111111
Franklin, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Room was clean & comfortable, staff was efficient & courteous. The neighborhood is very mixed, but I saw women walking alone at night, so I don't think it is unsafe. Great access to Manhattan via subway, which is a short walk away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael K
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Checked in after horrible experience at the Van Dam location. This is a new hotel, staff is beyond extremely helpful. Everyone is in good spirits...and I mean everyone. Will definitely stay here in the future. Hear the trains but not a big deal.

Room Tip: On 11th floor and great few...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business