We stayed at the Comfort Inn in L.I.C. for seven nights last month. The location was ideal (a block away from a major subway station); I've read some reviews about the "sketchy neighborhood" in which it is located, but we walked back from the subway station at four in the morning a few times, and never had any problems. Yes, there is a junkyard across the street which affords beautiful views of used milk crates and tires and other assorted detritus, but if you're spending your time looking out of the window, then you're not doing it up "New York Style!"
The room was small, and clean enough (although I took down the inner-window curtains because they were filthy, but we didn't need them anyway). The front-desk staff was pleasant and helpful and accommodating; they gave us maps and directions and suggestions for restaurants, etc. The continental breakfast was fine: hard-boiled eggs, cereal, juice, fruit, pastries; but we're not big breakfast fans anyway. Our room was cleaned every day--even though we slept in until eleven (or noon sometimes!) When we came back, it was always freshly vacuumed and restocked with clean towels and sheet and toiletries.
Before the trip, I scoured Priceline, Travelocity, et al, and got this hotel for $100 a night--sweet deal, especially in NY! We spent very little time in the room anyway, so it served our purposes well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who just needs a place to sleep and shower before hitting the wonderful streets of the Big Apple!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York