I've stayed in LIC several times on my visits to NYC. I love the proximity to everything. I booked an early flight for right after I got off working my night job. I waited in a long security line, waited in a long line to board the airplane, waited to get off the airplane (thanks LaGuardia) and waited in a very long line to get a yellow cab. Needless to say by the time I got to the hotel, I was ready to crash. The front desk confirmed by reservation, gave me a key and up to my room I went. As soon as I stepped in, I stepped right back out without even turning on the lights. You know that smell you have after turning on the A/C in the car for the 1st time in awhile? That urine smell? Thanks to either carpet left wet for too long or the window AC unit it had the smell of a men's bathroom urinal. I waited another 45 minutes for another room to become available and guess what? Same freaking smell! Too tired to go back to the front desk. Too tired to wait only to perhaps find out that it's simply what all the rooms smell like thanks to a need to upgrade to central air instead of archaic window units. I love staying in Long Island City but this will be the last time I stay in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels and Orbitz so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York