Our flight home was cancelled for 4 days due to weather and so we managed to fine a room at this hotel. We were given a king sized bed room and allowed to extend our per day, in case we could get earlier flights. Firstly may I say we were welcomed and our situation understood. The room in total came to $530 for the 2 of us which is €360. A steal for 4 night B&B. The water was hot the room a good size and the bed comfy. TV had good array of channels. You could get the train into Manhattan very easily as you are beside the track, and no you don't hear the trains much. You can also walk across the bridge which will bring you into Manhattan around E60th a few blocks east of Central Park. Breakfast is an interesting array of foods, self service. You get apple or orange juice, tea or coffee. Then the hot plate has egg patty and sausage patty. There is a waffle maker and batter provided. Fresh fruit, yogurts, toast, pastries, it's all there. It's a small area and be sure check what time breakfast finishes they clean up fast!!
In the room, towels are provided as well as toiletries. If you are there in winter as we were, the room is a tad cold and the heater fan take a little bit to get going, when it does it's good but the air is dry so drink water and moisturise!! Cleaners in the morning are eager to clean so put up that do not disturb sign till you go out. There is tea and coffee in the room.
If you are hungry in the evening can I recommend the deli literally across the road on the corner on the left... They are mighty it place is so clean and food is amazing as well as the menu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York