“dissapointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City
Atlanta, Georgia
“dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

the area was very sketchy and not safe and very noisy coz from the industrail around the hotel and next to a dumpster. the room was very small and mildewy smell. so we end up buying lysol to spray the room and we saw a bug crawling by the window. plus once you enter the lobby you smell cigarette all the way to the elevator and all the hallways. and we asked the receptionist and she said its a smoke free hotel. that's a big lie! we never had breakfasy coz its always packed and no place to sit in. the only plus side of this hotel is close to the train station. just don't walk by yourself at night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank likeablega

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had checked the prices of various hotels in NY city area, most of them were in 300's, 400's and 500's. Priceline was able to give me an offer for my price at this hotel. We stayed for 5 nights at about 150$ a night. Includes breakfast. We, like every other tourist, came to NY for sightseeing and did not spend much time at the hotel. We were at Room 602, it was facing some industrial area - didn't bother me since we were out all day. The room size was about 14 * 14 feet, the smallest hotel room that i have stayed in USA. It came with a Queen size bed. the room size didn't bother me much either, since all we wanted was a place to sleep over. i didn't recall anyone talking about the size of the hotel room in reviews; so i am guessing that i got the smallest room cos of my priceline rate.
Breakfast, free internet, easy access to NY city / Manhattan are the things that I wanted. So, I am happy overall. The neighborhood is not that great, lot of shops closed down and graffiti on the walls, etc., but thankfully never had any safety issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rajedark
El Paso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed with my family in this hotel during our summer visit to NYC. Hotels are very expensive in Manhattan and we chose this hotel to save some money and we were not dissapointed.

The hotel itself is clean and secure, the area where is located is kind of run down but sub station is only one block away and we nevel felt insecure even coming back to the hotel late at night.

The breakfast bar is nice and varied, the area where is located is cramped (just 3 tables) however you can take your food either to the lobby or to your room.

Overall we saved money and enjoyed our stay, I woud definetely stay again and I would recommend it to anyone considering a stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rockyb42000
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a two nite stay at the Comfort Inn. We would definitely return. We were visiting our daughter who lives in Manhatten and didn't want to pay those prices. After learning that you must get off and exit near the South Street exit you are practically a minute walk to the hotel. Front desk very friendly, our room was clean...bathroom was very nice.....breakfast great....we had a problem with blow dryer not working and a friendly young man from staff came up after we called and brought us one. No problem...other than that great time!~We will definitely book again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank hollymitz24
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

They had awful breakfast with cheapest ingredients and shower stream is barely enough to rinse the soap off.

However location and the value is really good comparing the NY prices. It is easy to get around.

5Pointz in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I am retired and had to stay in Manhattan a lot in Manhattan doing business and contary to what the locales think the world does not revolved arround them. Because of that my first reaction was to rate the hotel average. But the room and bath was clean. Wi Fi and breakast was very good. Close to the sub way to Manhattan. The desk staff was very helpfull as the airline lost one of my bags and they kept me informed that I had to again the call airline since the bag had not arrive as promissed. The desk will call you a town car to get to LGA. On the negative side: the room was small and the breafast area only sat about a dozen persons. But again, that's what is expected in the Manhattan area unless you pay big $$. We staved on the fifth floor so the out side noise was not as bad.

Room Tip: 5th floor for less outside noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldGuy1940
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago for some action after a fun date. Didn't feel like paying a ridiculous amount in the city, and I live with other people so taking her back to my place was out of the question. The hotel is nice; being a native New Yorker I'm used to the whole industrial environment. Breakfast was delicious, and my partner and I had a fun night. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay while visiting NYC or a place to get some action when you can't get it at home, this is the place for you. Def. plan on coming back

Room Tip: Get one on the upper floor. You get a better deal
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple