We stayed at the Comfort Inn for four nights during our first visit to New York. We had read the TripAdvisor reviews and took the word of others who had stayed there. We are glad we did - it was a nice, clean hotel very close to all of the action for a reasonable price. Because you have to take the subway back and forth to the hotel, consider buying a seven-day subway pass for $29 instead of paying $2.25 per trip (it adds up quickly if you are there for even a couple of days). Although the area looks a little dicey at first glance, we had no problems or concerns during our stay, even when returning to the hotel late at night. It was a quiet location, great after a tiring day exploring the city. The room was very small but adequate and the bathroom was a good size. There was also a safe in the room but it did not have a fridge and I thought it would (our room only had one double bed). Our only complaint was that the phone in our room did not work. Despite at least three requests, the phone was never fixed. Not a huge deal, but just an annoyance. There is a little store on the corner that sells a variety of sandwiches and cakes (the cheesecake was delicious!) I would certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York