I booked a family room for four, and accepted that two double beds was the best I could get at the price. However, "double" is a gross exaggeration! The beds were barely 1.5x - much less than the 4ft width I would say was the minimum requirement for a double. This left me far too tired to enjoy the city as much as I would have liked. GOOD BIT: The continental breakfast at the self-service bar was extensive, good quality and well accommodated. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The gym equipment, located alongside the 3 computer terminals for guest use, looked good quality, with a full wall mirror alongside (but not much room for floor aerobics!). I would stay here again (it's cheap, and very close to the Queensborough subway - only 7 stops from Grand Central Station, and a second subway station - Queens - that connects with the Airtrain); but next time I would ask for better beds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn - Long Island City is located at the base of the famed Queensboro/59th st. bridge that connect Queens to Manhattan. We are just minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. We are located just 1 block away from NYC Subways - which is the best way to get around NYC. Located just 7 miles from LGA and 12 miles from JFK. A great way to stay in NYC without having to pay the high Manhattan prices. Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Complimentary use of Business Center and Fitness Center, Free Newspapers, Iron/Ironing boards, In-room Safe, In-room coffee makers all come standard with your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hotel Long Island City
- Long Island City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Long Island City, New York