“delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fontana, California
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

nice quick yummy breakfast sandwich on our way out of town. Would definitely stop here again when in town.

Visited September 2013

Charleston, SC
“Twice the Price of a Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ate here on recommendation of our daughter who had seen it on TV. The name is misleading as it is not a store in any way. It's website was wrong also about the hours it was open so call first. We were seated promptly and my husband ordered a raspberry lemonade on the urging of the waitress. $4 for a small mason jar and NO refills! Not worth it, not that tasty, bland and sweetish.

I tried the $28 3 course meal of a simple salad, 1/2 a roasted chicken with mac-n-cheese, and cream filled cupcake. The salad was simple indeed, fresh greens dressed only in what seemed to be lemon juice. I am used to that and enjoyed it but my husband did not. The chicken was moist and tasty but, to be honest, at twice the price of the diner up the street, it was not twice as good. The mac-n-cheese was creamy white with fresh basil leaves and bits of tomato. It was very good. There was no bread offered. I ended with a cream filled chocolate cupcake which was a good basic cupcake.

My husband had the blueplate special which was chili with rice. It was an ample portion but not the best chili I have had, a bit bland with finely ground beef. However the price is not special, and was not listed beforehand, at $18. My husband was shocked.

Because there is a diner across the road with prices half what these are I don't think I would choose to go here again except for the mac-n-cheese, available by itself for $14. New York is an expensive place and with so many restaurants and fantastic street food to choose from, as a tourist I would use that money elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Labpyra
New York, New York, United States
“A gem in Long Island City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My son read about this place and suggested that we go. I am SOOO glad that we did! A quaint, quiet, old timey looking place with impeccable food and fine service. I had the mac and cheese (so creamy), my wife had salmon ( done perfectly), my son had prix fixe roasted chicken (moist/ tasty), and his girl had salad and polenta ( polenta was creamy, moist, tasty). We will certainly be back!!

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Surprising Find L.I.C.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you're looking for an exceptional yet casual restaurant in Long Island City, look no further than Sage General Store. My friend and I stumbled upon this restaurant during an afternoon NYC walk. Enticed by the rich colorful dishes of the diners, we made it a point to come back for a meal. A meal worth the trek outside the city boarders. FYI an easy subway ride too. The staff is friendly and courteous, and the food, fresh and savory. It's nothing fancy, but probably the ideal place to find scrumptious sandwiches, savory salads, and desserts. If you're a runner like I am , take a run from NYC over the 59th St. Bridge and indulge in a cup of coffee and a bakery treat. You can always run across the bridge with your new found energy, or hop on the 7,E,G, and M back home.

Well priced, great for friends, work lunches, brunch, and to-go.

• Visited August 2013
Baltimore
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Sage General Store is nice and quaint, with a rustic feel. It serves good food as well as delicious desserts. Seating is few, but it never gets too crowded.

Furthermore, their catering is absolutely amazing, and that is an understatement.

We had Sage cater for our wedding in Long Island City. They were fantastic, engaged, helpful, committed, and really cared for how the wedding would turn out. Greta, one of the staff at Sage, was fabulous. She helped us plan out the whole day, and made sure that everything would go according to plan and that all our guests would be pleased. From set up to tear down and cocktail hour to reception, Greta was on top of the ball. Our wedding wouldn't have been as successful without such an awesome caterer and coordinator.

I would highly, highly recommend Sage General Store and Sage Events!

Visited March 2013