“First visit to Long Island City Wyndham” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View

Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Setting expectations is necessary when booking hotels in New York. Large real estate usually requires a steep price. However, Long Island City's Wyndham Garden exceeds these expectations.

The hotel rooms are large for a city. Bathrooms are a little small, but workable. Prices are affordable. Staff is friendly and accommodating. If you need to check in early or check out late, just let the staff know and most likely you'll be able to.

This Wyndham Garden is located right off of Vernon Blvd, where there's things to do and places to eat at. If you decide to stay in, there's a restaurant on the basement floor. Three blocks to the west is a convenient metro stations, where the E, M, and G lines pass through. If you need to drive, there's a parking lot towards the back of the building for $25/night.

We had our wedding block booked here and the manager was very helpful in helping us set this up. We got the best room and view for the same price, which was also prepared with a mini gift and champagne for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tunaidi
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as on a daily basis our goal is to make our guests have the best visit to NYC they can.

We hope to see you again soon!
Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is my first time to write a review for a hotel I have stayed at. My family and I stayed at the Wyndham Garden Long Island City Hotel during our trip to New York July 2013. We did a lot of walking and this trip was when the northeast was having a heat wave. One of the amenities of the Wyndham Hotel is they will pick your party up when you get off the subway which is about 5 blocks from the hotel. The last night we were there we arrived at 430 and called 3 times for a pickup. They never showed. We had walked all day and then we got to walk another 5 blocks in a not so great area to the hotel. Once we arrived we got in the elevator which broke down with us in it for about 30 minutes. There was no air conditioning and no one on site to help. So they called a technician out and when he arrived he got the elevator working. No one from the hotel came to talk to us afterward to ask how we were doing or anything. I went down to the lobby and spoke to the gentleman at the front desk. I explained the issues of no one coming to get us at the subway and about the elevator at which point he smirked and said sorry that won't happen again. He could have cared less. If a hotel does not want to provide shuttle service thats fine. They shouldn't add it to their amenities. I would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We sincerely apologize for this experience you had and please note we do care about all our guests and we have taken appropriate steps to make sure this does not happen again.
Estero
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Due to my late arrival to the hotel, upon checking in I requested a late check out. I was assured by the individual who checked me in that my request would be honored. When I got up to my room and got ready for bed I pulled back the covers and the sheets were disgusted sight to see. There were stains, hair and what appeared to be food particles on the bed. Also the head board of bed was covered with dust. The dust of course made me sick. That night I slept on the chair in the room and notified the front desk the next morning. The sheets were changed and the room was dusted. The day of my check out I was in the room getting dress when someone knocked on the door, before I could asked who it was the door was pushed open and housekeeping asked me leave because it was passed the check out time. I informed her that I had requested late check out and was given the ok. She slammed the door and walked out. The front desk called shortly after she left the room and said they did not see any mention of my request. This was the worst experience of life.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We have investigated this issue and have offered compensation to this guest. We are perplexed why a 7:50pm check-in time is spoken of as a late check-in and as to why this guest did not come down to change rooms. Please for all our future guests if you have an issue such as this please let us know immediately so we can change your room. We strive to provide quality and clean rooms as you will see by the multitude of excellent review we receive.