“Horrible guest services”

Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Horrible courtesy from staff. I rather double even triple to stay at a worse hotel. Calling and knocking every 15 min to ask us to check out even tho we didn't arrive til 4am to check in and I also agreed already to stay an extra day. Not all wyndham's are like that. Just the staff n management at this particular location in Long Island city. I have stayed at Wyndham hotels on all my trips and this is by far the worst experience. I stayed in slum hotels that are more courteous then this hotel. Bottom line.., if u don't wanna feel welcomed or at home then by all means stay here. But if your lookin for someplace to start your vacation off right...stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Anywhere but this Wyndham.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mrriceguy
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I am truly sorry about this experience you had. We would have gladly extended your stay for the extra night upon check-in. We do have some new housekeepers since we re-opened our doors and now that I know this happened we are re-training them to make sure they do not knock on doors on a continuous basis. We hope you will give us another chance and come back so we can show you how we can do it the right way.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View

Reviewed January 28, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
2  Thank CHRISTOPHER L

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend. The shuttle was a great option. It took us and picked us up from the train. The train was one stop away from Manhattan.

The property was clean and the people were friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChiAngie15
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Our daily goal is to make our guests have the best visit they can to NYC. We hope you come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I work for Citibank and commute up to LIC on business. While normally I'm a five star hotel person, I wanted a hotel that was closer to the office, but didn't want a cheap, dirty place. On this trip I booked at this hotel and I can guarantee you I will be back again. The staff is phenomenal, providing the level of service of a five star mid-town place. Rooms very clean, comfortable, and a restaurant right down stairs. Shuttle service is a plus! Keep up the great job and you have a loyal guest!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Virgie1025

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We very much look forward to your next visit with us and hope that will be soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked this room for my boyfriend's birthday and we had a blast! room was nice and clean, bed was VERY comfortable, and it was quiet. I would definitely recommend this place!

I didn't get to check out the free breakfast or restaurants in the area :( I wish I did lol we just ordered out and relaxed in the room all night. My boyfriend and I are looking to come back for Valentine's day

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sycoya CaramelF... A
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy you had such a lovely stay with us. We are always striving to make sure every guest enjoys our hotel. We also are excited you will be coming back to stay with us for Valentine's Day. We will see you and your Boyfriend soon and thank you again for the great review.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked this hotel in September, 2 months before my staying in NYC. They charged my credit card for the total ammount plus taxes. It was everything ok. I was sure that everything was paid and I was just waiting for my trip to the City. The cancelled the booking just one week before my check-in! I had to get to NYC in a period of high-season and obviosuly the hotels were amost all fully-booked and the last rooms available were very expensive. I can undesrstand that the hotel was destroyed by Sally but they had other 2 hotels in New York City so that we could get there, but they didn't care about our booking. They prefer to loose the guests. It has been a horrible experience also because they didn't apologize with us. They had just contacted Booking.com that contacted us. I will never recommed this hotel and this chain!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Alexsha1989
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This past weekend we went to visit our daughter who lives in Long Island City. We wanted to stay at a hotel near her apartment and very hesitantly choose the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Long Island City. We were so pleasantly surprised at how nice, clean and modern the room was. The furniture in the room was simple but modern and clean. The bed was comfortable but the pillow was hard. The bathroom was very clean and modern. It was well supplied with toiletries. The price per night was a fraction of similar hotels in Manhattan, just a mile away. The staff at the front desk was polite and friendly. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Farhad A
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC. We will be sure to give you that same experience again.