$109
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$148
$93
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$252
$197
HolidayInn.com
$180
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$229
$132
$129
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Breakfast included
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$246
$177
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$169
$137
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
1,202 results
All reviewsnew yorksubway stationcourt squareindustrial areamanhattan viewqueensboro bridgeeast rivershuttle servicefront desk staffevery half hourhotel is locatedthe hotel offersclean hotelfree shuttlefelt safegreat roomvisiting nyc
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel was really nice, very comfortable, modern with a free shuttle to the subway station. We ordered room service (breakfast) and they forgot to ask us which room we were in, we tried calling back through but all we got was an answering service over and over. Finally got through and it took ages to come. When it finally came they forgot our cutlery. After complaining it took a further 15 mins to give us our cutlery. Our food by then was stone cold. They did give us a free food voucher the next day but we didnt take it as we had to leave too early. The hotel was a little hard to find also. The taxi driver had trouble and we also got lost another time after taking the subway. Walking around lost in those dark streets at nights when your foreign is not the most ideal situation to be in.
It is a nice, comfortable hotel to stay close to manhattan by subway but if I were to stay in New York again I would pay a little more and stay somewhere different.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We sincerely apologize for the glitches you experienced with the restaurant. We have shared your feedback with them and they are making every effort to make sure that does not occur again.

We would like to let you know that our neighborhood is very safe and we apologize we did not provide you with a map of our area to help you navigate better. LIC is a thriving community with a mixture of Residential and Commercial Spaces and is expanding ever so quickly. We hope you will consider returning to us on your next visit so we can show you what LIC is all about.

Thank you again so much for the feedback.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spend a week in NYC with a group of 4 girlfriends. At first we had reservations at a smaller, more expensive hotel in Times Square. After reading tripadvisor forums, I decided to look for a hotel in LIC. So glad I found this hotel, the location is perfect and we got a really good deal on our rooms. The rooms are "efficient" and had everything they need. Because the hotel is NEW all of the linens and amenities are nice and clean.

I do think the hotel could do a slightly better job helping guest navigate the area from the hotel. A hotel -centric map with walking directions to the 2 closest subway would be helpful. We found the hotel shuttle to be not be all that useful. It only leaves on the hour and half-hour (on request) and you have to call for a pick-up from subway station back to hotel. On most days we left early in the morning and walked to the subway (Vernon-Jackson station 6 minute walk) and returned to the hotel after midnight following a full day of activities in NYC. The route to the Vernon-Jackson subway station is a straight shot (turn left when you exit front door go straight down Vernon until you see green post indicating subway station. This route is well lit (street lights and businesses) and takes you past several eating establishment. We (4 women) felt completely comfortable walking this route day or nighttime. The other close subway station (23rd st/court station) is also very close but the route is more isolated than the route to Vernon-Jackson. We would walk to this station in the morning if it would get us to our destination quicker, but did not walk back from it a nighttime.

Overall we had an excellent stay at the Wyndham in Long Island City. The staff is nice and helpful

Room Tip: Room 413 is small and has a view of a brick wall.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank UC_queenie
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

One of our many advantages is our convenient location and we are estatic that you shared your great experience here at the Wyndham Garden Long Island City. We hope you come back and visit us soon!!!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I decided to spend a week in New York but were looking to maximize our funds. We happened across this hotel on a travel site and decided to give it a chance. I am glad we did. From the moment that we arrived, we knew we had made a wise decision. We were greeted by the friendliest front desk person we have ever met, a lovely lady by the name of Ms. Officer. She helped us check in, earlier than we were supposed to I might add, and then helped us by giving us a MTA map and taking the time to explain to us how to get to and around Manhattan.
My wife and I then made it up to our room and again were pleasantly surprised. The room was bigger than I expected. It had all the furnishings you might expect, a desk, lamp, LCD TV, a couple of bedside tables, and a big comfortable kingsized bed. The bathroom was stocked with Bath & Bodyworks products and the towels were always replenished while we were out.
The location is something that has been spoken about before but I would like to take a second to say my piece. This hotel is located in a somewhat industrialized area. Our first impression was that it was a bit on the sketchy side. The longer we were there, we noticed that it was not at all something that we should concern ourselves with. Our first couple of nights we made our was back to our room at a very late hour (1 am) and we were not too worried about our surroundings. We took every precaution that one should when you are in a big city, but it was not a very big problem. Also, I'd like to add that my wife and I decided to venture out into the neighborhood to find a local restaurant for dinner. We came across a new hamburger place , "Petey's," that serves up some of the most delicious burgers I have ever had.
All told, I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a comfy hotel with great service at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank js1405

We so happy your enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Garden LIC. There are many key factors in having a great stay at hotel and you shared the two most important, Location and Staff and we are delighted we were able to provide you with a great experience. We hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel is a little gem, one subway stop from the center of Manhattan. My room was comfortable, clean, large and so much nicer than I would have gotten in Manhattan for three times the price (and I have stayed in Manhattan a LOT over the years, usually on an expense account, so I know). It truly is only one stop on the E train to 51st and Lex. The staff is friendly and helpful. Provisos: the walk to the subway takes a good ten minutes, through a neighborhood that is perfectly safe but might seem daunting if it's your first time in New York, or if you have lots of luggage to manage. They have a regular shuttle but I'm too impatient to wait - I'm sure it works fine. Also with the money you are saving on the room vs Manhattan prices, just take a cab. $20 cab fare (including tip) from LGA. $40 private car (not including tip) to JFK. I didn't take a cab from Manhattan, but I'd guess $15 would cover you from most locations. Unlike Manhattan, there is not a handy market or diner right on the corner - be sure to acquire any snacks you might want before you arrive. Unless you really crave the experience of staying right in the middle of it all, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Juno53

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and let everyone know there are affordable and high quality places and Neighborhoods to stay in in New York City. Long Island City the Wyndham Garden look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Visiting our daughter in Long Island City has always been complicated by the lack of decent near-by hotels. No more! This is not a luxury hotel; it is a fine, clean, very reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of the waterfront parks, high rises, and restaurants in Long Island City, and a very short subway ride over the East River into Manhattan. Having said "walking distance", the walk from the heart of LIC is through a reasonably safe area except for the one or two blocks immediately surrounding the hotel. My husband and I did the walk several times at many times of day and evening, but I probably wouldn't do that by myself after dark. Yes, of course the hotel staff is very helpful re: cabs and car service when asked. We will make this our go-to when visiting our daughter.

Room Tip: Views??? I didn't see any!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CS56

Your title states it all and we are thrilled you let everyone know you love our hotel and how great our location is. It is a safe and super convenient location to Manhattan and look forward to LIC being discovered by everyone thanks to great reviews like yours.