Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$209
$288
$250
Home2.com
  • Breakfast included
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$232
$202
$132
$129
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$277
$216
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$169
$137
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$245
$160
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

1,202 results
All reviewsnew yorksubway stationcourt squareindustrial areamanhattan viewqueensboro bridgeeast rivershuttle servicefront desk staffevery half hourhotel is locatedthe hotel offersclean hotelfree shuttlefelt safegreat roomvisiting nyc
Reviewed July 11, 2012

the location is good to walk to the waterfront and restaurants. they have a shuttle to the subway every 30 min so easy to get to manhattan. its cheap.

the rooms are TINY. the bathrooms are TINY and there is no fan so no privacy at all. the rooms are TINY (i would write that in tiny font but i don't know how to do that).

when I was there they didn't have room service yet and the diner they recommend ordering from is terrible. my room didn't have a view (they said no rooms with two beds have views - that's nuts).

won't stay here again. next time will try the z hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you were mis-informed about rooms with 2 beds having no views. We do have a few of them, but limited. Should you wish to return to us and give us another try we would be happy to book a room with a view for you. We would like all our future guests to know that to guarantee a room with a view be it with 2 beds or 1 bed the rates would be different than a non-view room.

We are not sure what room you had, but I am sorry you felt it was small. Our rooms are above average for New York City room sizes. Our rooms vary from 220 square feet to 270 square feet depending on what room type your book. Again, please note pricing varies for larger room types.

We would like to let our guests know we do not have a fan switch in our bathrooms as we have set up our ventalation system to be on an auto vent type of system that sucks the air automatically out of the bathroom so feel free to shut the door for privacy.

We offer a variety of menu's to about 20 different restaurants in the neighborhood. If you could please let us know which one you did not like so we can approach them and make sure they keep up the quality level or we would remove them. We will have dinner and roomservice starting soon. The restaurant is privately run and offers amazing Breakfast and Lunch and soon Dinner with roomservice. They are finalizing some things before they are able to be open for dinner.

We thank you again for your review and hope you will give us another try on a future stay.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in this hotel in family room for 4 persons. Room was clean and had sufficient space. Subway nearby so you are in Manhatten in about 10 mins, 5 mins walk and 5 mins subway.
Next 3 days we have hotel in Manhattan, but would have been happy to stay in this hotel for few more nights.
All is according to description on booking site.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vanderwallus

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted we met your expectations so well that you would have wanted to stay with us longer. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to New York City!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My friend and I stayed here at the end of May for 6 days...he was on business and I was tagging along for a NYC experience.

Location
The hotel is located in an up and coming area Long Island City. We got there by way of the E train. If you are in New York for more than a couple days do yourself a favour and get a metro card. Be aware that the trains are spotty on the weekends but during the week they run often. I would not recommend trying to walk to Manhatten unless you need an extra long walk.

On our last day we walked down Vernon Ave which the front desk recommended to us. I would ask them for more information abouty restaurants...there was one on the water front about a block away from the hotel that looked interesting.

The view across into Manhattan was great at night. The area seemed like a light industrial area but was very safe for the 6 days that we walked back to the hotel at night.

The price was good for the short little train ride. If I had the choice I think I would price out the difference to stay in Manhattan and seriously consider that option. Although the train ride was not too long it did add extra time and effort to each day.

Train
You can take the E and the M and the 7 trains to get close to the hotel. If you walk briskly you can make it in less than 10 minutes. Make sure to grab a subway map to make your travels easier. I believe you will want to get off at the Court Sq stop if you are taking the train over. Head to the 21 street and 44 Drive exit for your shortest walk from the train.

Rooms
The rooms were newly renovated. The rooms are nice and clean.

The hotel staff was nice when we came and went from the hotel. We had an issue with our booking and the front desk guys were not able to go beyond their the policies to help us without charging us fees. We were able to resolve the issue ourselves. I would rate them higher if they could have gone above and beyond.

Other notes
The ice machines are on the 1st and 3rd floors. There is a nice little snack machine in the basement in case you get the late night munchies.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank bald_giraffe

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our brand new hotel. As you mentioned we are easy access to Manhattan and the subways. Sadly subway interruptions are beyond your control, but we are glad we have 3 subway line options to navigate around these changes by the MTA.

As far as fees, I am not sure what fees you are speaking of so I am sorry. The only 4 fee's we charge for are upgraded rooms with views as they are different rates or parking charges which are 25.00 per day no in/out, Dry Cleaning/Laundry and lastly of course restaurant charges. All of these are reflected on our site so if you were charged other fees that don' t relate to this please let us know so we can look into this.

We hope you come back to visit us soon and will make sure to guide you better with our subways.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

First I would like to set the scene:

This hotel stop was the first part of a 3 week trip to New York, San Franciso, Los angeles, Bora Bora and Washington. Before you read the rest of this review, please bear in mind that I am not always as harsh (see my other hotel reviews), but this experience angered me quite a bit.

Before deciding to stay at this hotel I spent many hours looking for a mid range price hotel, fairly well located near Manhattan. After reading all the reviews I especially liked the fact that the manager replied to many of them; in addition, the price was reasonable given its (perceived) good location. I therefore looking forward to staying at this hotel.

Many reviews praised the reception staff and I therefore had high expectations. Result: I was very disappointed! why? for several reasons: I will enumerate them in chronological order:

1- First, before even arriving I had sent an email asking if it would be possible to have a room with the Manhattan skyline view as some previous reviews mentioned that they had obtained this at no additional rate. I received a confirmation that they accommodate us as best possible. When we arrived, (greeted in a cold way, no where near the friendly way that other reviews mention) and I showed them this email; the receptionist was surprised and said that I had to pay an extra 50 dollars per night for such a room. I was disappointed, but settled with the fact that I might have missed something when booking, nevertheless with 50 dollars per night extra I could get a room in Manhattan. Nevertheless it highlighted a miss communication between the unit that receives the email and those in the reception.

2- After checking in, we went to the room. Dissapointment again, the room was on the bottom floor, right in front of the lift and near the ice machine... I had bad experiences in the past with such a location due to the noise. Nevertheless we settled with the first night... and we slept badly!! the noise of the lift "tingging" non-stop and receptionists laughing early morning made it impossible for us to sleep. So I went to the front desk and asked if we could change room (my wife accompanied me) and the reception said the that the hotel was fully booked and we could not change room unless we paid the 50 dollars upgrade which were the only remaining rooms. I declined the offer. The day we left, as I was saying goodbye the receptionist said "I remember you, yeah you're the one who wanted to change room on the 1st day and you didn't want to change"; I replied "I didn't want to change because you said there were no other rooms available except for the skyline views"; she replied "oh no we had other rooms available, thats a shame"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't beleive what she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked my wife if she had understood like me on our first day, that the reception had clearly said "the hotel is fully booked" and she confirmed my understanding!! The reception really treated us like idiots!!

3- The location of the hotel: as mentioned I had chosen this hotel for it proximity to Manhattan. Upon our arrival we decided to walk into Manhattan. We therefore asked the front desk whether this was possible. They gave us directions that lead to nowhere!!! Bottom line, we walked 1h30 looking for a way to cross the river but there was none!! they could have just told us that it is not possible to walk across instead of saying "its far". So we had to get a taxi to bring us back to our starting point!!!!

4- Subway: As other reviews mention it is "close" to the subway station "court square-23rd street". "Close" is relative: its around 15minute walk from the hotel. The area looks dodgy but we didn't have any problems. In addition the hotel does run a shuttle even though the reception does not remind you of this when you arrive. HOWEVER, what is not mentioned is that the subway station is a "hit and miss" affair!! the E and M trains did not stop and this station during our weekend there (16 to 18 June)!! We had a reservation for the Statue of Liberty cruise and because of this we ran late and had no idea how to get there without this stop. Luckily two very kind gentlemen guided us to the other stop which is another 10min walk that takes you under the train tracks in a really dodgy area (my wife was scared both during the day and even more during the night). Bear in mind as well that the subway is not cheap (I think we were paying 9 dollars each time we used it).

As for the positives, the room is nice, new and well looked after. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. The breakfast was pretty good as well.

Bottom line: We might have just been plain unlucky those days with the reception not "being on the ball", but I would certainly not recommend this hotel to a friend. Next time I go to Manhattan I would rather pay a bit more and be in Manhattan where you can walk to most places (yes distances a large in NY, but we like walking as long as we know we can actually get somewhere), especially if the subway is not always working and you need to take the other line in the dodgy area.

Room Tip: If you do not like the room, ask to speak directly to the manager as he seems to be the only reliable staff member of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rafaelshumy

We are very sorry your experience did not meet what the majority of our guests have had with our hotel. We certainly do hold ourselves to a higher standard. I am not sure where the confustion came in with the room type, but we do charge higher for rooms with view as you will see on our website the rates are different for rooms with a view. That weekend you mentioned we were actually sold-out so I am not sure again where the agent at the desk got confused with rooms being available. The response to your email stating we accomodate as best as possible is true, but advisment should have been made to you that there is a charge for the view room upgrade.

We would like our guests to know that the neighborhood is very safe and we are only 3 blocks form the subway (8 minute walk) or daily scheduled shuttle service posted right on the desk at the reception checkin. We will also be sure to guide you to the neighborhood and inform you of subway services changes that are out of our hands, but at least navigate you around them which may not have been done for this guest and we apologize for that.

We are sorry you won't be recommending us to your friends, but we would like to welcome you back and show you that we can do it properly as you mentioned and saw in our other reviews that disppointing our guests is not our standard.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We just stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We found the rooms to be a good size for our family. We had a view of the city from the 3rd floor and enjoyed fireworks during the night on a couple of nights.Staff was friendly and check in was efficient.We arrived about 3pm and found free parking on the street and could see our vehicle right outside our window. We did not have to move the 3nights we were there. The subway is about 4blks away. We walked to and from every day with our 3children. As always in a big city, one must be alert and aware of their surroundings but we did not have any troubles or feel threatened at all, and we returned after 11pm one night.Our teen sons enjoyed the workout room which was a decent size and had a lot of free weights.As a plus, our daughter was thrilled that the room was stocked with "true blue" bath&bodyworks soaps.The price makes it worth taking the subway to downtown,esp w/free parking. Only negative was the tv seemed to take 15seconds to change channels? Boys didn't like that-lol!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of Manhattan and the higher the better
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic experience with us at our brand new hotel. We appreciate you boasting about our amazing and very safe location. Hopefully on your next visit you can even discover some of the great Museums and Water Front Parks within Walking Distance of our hotel. Gantry State Park features an beautiful dock and boardwalk area with the most amazing Skyline Views of Manhattan.

We are sorry about the TV taking too long to change channels. We have advised our maintenance team to look into seeing what this issue is. As we provide Satellite TV service we have reached out to them to see what the issue is and get it corrected.

Thank you again so much for letting everyone know about your great experience with us and look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to NYC.