$148
$119
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$152
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

$199
$193
$231
$200
Home2.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$113
$110
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$112
$109
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$158
$89
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$182
$122
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

1,202 results
All reviewsnew yorksubway stationcourt squareindustrial areamanhattan viewqueensboro bridgeeast rivershuttle servicefront desk staffevery half hourhotel is locatedthe hotel offersclean hotelfree shuttlefelt safegreat roomvisiting nyc
Reviewed July 9, 2012

First I would like to set the scene:

This hotel stop was the first part of a 3 week trip to New York, San Franciso, Los angeles, Bora Bora and Washington. Before you read the rest of this review, please bear in mind that I am not always as harsh (see my other hotel reviews), but this experience angered me quite a bit.

Before deciding to stay at this hotel I spent many hours looking for a mid range price hotel, fairly well located near Manhattan. After reading all the reviews I especially liked the fact that the manager replied to many of them; in addition, the price was reasonable given its (perceived) good location. I therefore looking forward to staying at this hotel.

Many reviews praised the reception staff and I therefore had high expectations. Result: I was very disappointed! why? for several reasons: I will enumerate them in chronological order:

1- First, before even arriving I had sent an email asking if it would be possible to have a room with the Manhattan skyline view as some previous reviews mentioned that they had obtained this at no additional rate. I received a confirmation that they accommodate us as best possible. When we arrived, (greeted in a cold way, no where near the friendly way that other reviews mention) and I showed them this email; the receptionist was surprised and said that I had to pay an extra 50 dollars per night for such a room. I was disappointed, but settled with the fact that I might have missed something when booking, nevertheless with 50 dollars per night extra I could get a room in Manhattan. Nevertheless it highlighted a miss communication between the unit that receives the email and those in the reception.

2- After checking in, we went to the room. Dissapointment again, the room was on the bottom floor, right in front of the lift and near the ice machine... I had bad experiences in the past with such a location due to the noise. Nevertheless we settled with the first night... and we slept badly!! the noise of the lift "tingging" non-stop and receptionists laughing early morning made it impossible for us to sleep. So I went to the front desk and asked if we could change room (my wife accompanied me) and the reception said the that the hotel was fully booked and we could not change room unless we paid the 50 dollars upgrade which were the only remaining rooms. I declined the offer. The day we left, as I was saying goodbye the receptionist said "I remember you, yeah you're the one who wanted to change room on the 1st day and you didn't want to change"; I replied "I didn't want to change because you said there were no other rooms available except for the skyline views"; she replied "oh no we had other rooms available, thats a shame"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't beleive what she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked my wife if she had understood like me on our first day, that the reception had clearly said "the hotel is fully booked" and she confirmed my understanding!! The reception really treated us like idiots!!

3- The location of the hotel: as mentioned I had chosen this hotel for it proximity to Manhattan. Upon our arrival we decided to walk into Manhattan. We therefore asked the front desk whether this was possible. They gave us directions that lead to nowhere!!! Bottom line, we walked 1h30 looking for a way to cross the river but there was none!! they could have just told us that it is not possible to walk across instead of saying "its far". So we had to get a taxi to bring us back to our starting point!!!!

4- Subway: As other reviews mention it is "close" to the subway station "court square-23rd street". "Close" is relative: its around 15minute walk from the hotel. The area looks dodgy but we didn't have any problems. In addition the hotel does run a shuttle even though the reception does not remind you of this when you arrive. HOWEVER, what is not mentioned is that the subway station is a "hit and miss" affair!! the E and M trains did not stop and this station during our weekend there (16 to 18 June)!! We had a reservation for the Statue of Liberty cruise and because of this we ran late and had no idea how to get there without this stop. Luckily two very kind gentlemen guided us to the other stop which is another 10min walk that takes you under the train tracks in a really dodgy area (my wife was scared both during the day and even more during the night). Bear in mind as well that the subway is not cheap (I think we were paying 9 dollars each time we used it).

As for the positives, the room is nice, new and well looked after. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. The breakfast was pretty good as well.

Bottom line: We might have just been plain unlucky those days with the reception not "being on the ball", but I would certainly not recommend this hotel to a friend. Next time I go to Manhattan I would rather pay a bit more and be in Manhattan where you can walk to most places (yes distances a large in NY, but we like walking as long as we know we can actually get somewhere), especially if the subway is not always working and you need to take the other line in the dodgy area.

Room Tip: If you do not like the room, ask to speak directly to the manager as he seems to be the only reliable staff member of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rafaelshumy
Jeffrey R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

We are very sorry your experience did not meet what the majority of our guests have had with our hotel. We certainly do hold ourselves to a higher standard. I am not sure where the confustion came in with the room type, but we do charge higher for rooms with view as you will see on our website the rates are different for rooms with a view. That weekend you mentioned we were actually sold-out so I am not sure again where the agent at the desk got confused with rooms being available. The response to your email stating we accomodate as best as possible is true, but advisment should have been made to you that there is a charge for the view room upgrade.

We would like our guests to know that the neighborhood is very safe and we are only 3 blocks form the subway (8 minute walk) or daily scheduled shuttle service posted right on the desk at the reception checkin. We will also be sure to guide you to the neighborhood and inform you of subway services changes that are out of our hands, but at least navigate you around them which may not have been done for this guest and we apologize for that.

We are sorry you won't be recommending us to your friends, but we would like to welcome you back and show you that we can do it properly as you mentioned and saw in our other reviews that disppointing our guests is not our standard.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We just stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We found the rooms to be a good size for our family. We had a view of the city from the 3rd floor and enjoyed fireworks during the night on a couple of nights.Staff was friendly and check in was efficient.We arrived about 3pm and found free parking on the street and could see our vehicle right outside our window. We did not have to move the 3nights we were there. The subway is about 4blks away. We walked to and from every day with our 3children. As always in a big city, one must be alert and aware of their surroundings but we did not have any troubles or feel threatened at all, and we returned after 11pm one night.Our teen sons enjoyed the workout room which was a decent size and had a lot of free weights.As a plus, our daughter was thrilled that the room was stocked with "true blue" bath&bodyworks soaps.The price makes it worth taking the subway to downtown,esp w/free parking. Only negative was the tv seemed to take 15seconds to change channels? Boys didn't like that-lol!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of Manhattan and the higher the better
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic experience with us at our brand new hotel. We appreciate you boasting about our amazing and very safe location. Hopefully on your next visit you can even discover some of the great Museums and Water Front Parks within Walking Distance of our hotel. Gantry State Park features an beautiful dock and boardwalk area with the most amazing Skyline Views of Manhattan.

We are sorry about the TV taking too long to change channels. We have advised our maintenance team to look into seeing what this issue is. As we provide Satellite TV service we have reached out to them to see what the issue is and get it corrected.

Thank you again so much for letting everyone know about your great experience with us and look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

A group of 12 with children from all ages. We had 4 rooms. And to my surprise, we were giving all 4 rooms @ 8am, that was 5 hours before ck in time, on the 3rd of Jul.
The hotel is really very conveniently located, 4 blocks from the under ground, seconds from a dell, where you can get an early breakfast, and a paied parking jus behind the hotel, it is a must, I was looking for a parking for about 2 hours ( 9:30 to 11:27 in the AM ) with no luck,,,, get supplies for your rooms as no room service is available at the hotel, however there is a small restorent @ the location. Rooms are of a good size, clean, and comfortable. Staff just very helpful , and friendly. An A- in general ,,,,,,,

Room Tip: DO NOT, get a room close to the elevators, be ready to carry your bags to the room your self, and don't expect a room with a view ,,,,,,,,
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Srjy
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your glowing review of our brand new hotel. We are very happy to hear you had an amazing stay with us. We would like to let you know that the restaurant will providing room service soon. We have an amazing family that is running the restaurant and are finalizing the details and will be open for not just Breakfast and Lunch, but Dinner as well and will be providing room service and will boast a full service bar as well. We expect this all to happen within 30-60 days if not sooner.

We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to NYC! Enjoy your Summer!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

You should stay here if you are desperate to stay in an isolated industrial place for your business purposes. There is no complimentary breakfast. Rooms are small. No porters. They allow you food deliveries from outside. Wi-Fi is free. Overall a forgettable hotel. But maybe for this value it is ok for some.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RPSKohli
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

We are so sorry to hear we were not your style of hotel. We wish we had guided you better to all the amazing things in the area and hope you will come back and let us show you what we offer. Our brand new hotel is surrounded by a multiple of activities all within walking distance of our bustling neighborhood. Our neighborhood is quite an eclectic mixed use area. One side of our hotel is the Industrial/Corporate area that is quickly developing while the other side is all restaurants, shops and high end residential and a Water Front Board walk with the best Skyline Views of Manhattan. We definitely are great area and not in the middle of anything bad, we promise! We feature in our area many loft buildings with great artist studios and museums. Just ask us and we will guide you to our amazing and very convenient neighborhood. '

Breakfast is not included in our rates as they are with limited service hotels, but our fantastic Full Service hotel features a restaurant that offers and amazing A la Carte Breakfast Menu at very reasonable prices and since both our room rates and breakfast prices are reasonable there is a great saving over staying at a Manhattan Hotel, even one that includes breakfast. Save that money for some personal shopping on 5th Avenue, just two stops on the subway from our hotel!

Thank you again so much for your review and hope you will come back so we can show you all that is Fantastic in Long Island City, Queens!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I saved money by staying at this hotel. We had more money to tour NY which was our main objective. We would have paid $200+ a night more had we stayed in Manhattan. Dante and the rest of the staff were very patient and helpful. The walk to the subway was safe during the day and night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brmykm2
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad you found our service and convenient location to your liking. We strive everyday to let our guests know how easy it is to get into Manhattan and what amazing things there are to do here in Long Island City and Queens itself. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York City!