“Nice breakfast on Marathon Sunday morning”
Review of Court Square Diner

Court Square Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Ignore all the photos on their website. The place was updated to a wonderful diner motif about a year ago. It didn't change the food, however, which has always been "very good restaurant" quality.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were staying at a local hotel during our NYC visit and decided to go for a 'special' breakfast on Marathon Sunday morning. Court Square Diner certainly served up a very nice meal indeed, my eggs Benedict were very tasty and the kids also enjoyed their fried eggs. Plenty of OJ and coffee as well. This place does offer a genuine American diner experience with booth seating and plenty of chrome in evidence. Service was good too.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

First, the Court Square Diner is attractive to look at. With it's bright exterior, It looks like a movie set for an attractive diner in its heyday. You almost know it's going to be good before you step inside.

The menu is what you'd expect in a diner, but I found that everything tastes somewhat better here than in most other diners or breakfast places. I enjoyed the nice choice of veggie omelets, (we went here two days in a row, and I could try different ones), plus the good coffee (with free refills, orange juice and home fries.

Service was good and the prices were fine. If this place was near where I live in the Boston suburbs, it would be mobbed.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

After you've had your fun exploring 5Ptz and if you'd like pathetic PS1, feel free to grab some food at this diner. It's pretty good diner food especially their brunch deals with mimosas and a regular drink item. I had some great breakfast burritos and my friend had decent french toast. I'm willing to bet that their milkshakes and pies are great but I lay off the dairy these outside of cheese so yeah.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped here on a Monday evening on the recommendation from a nearby restaurant that was closing, so figured it must be good. The prices were decent with $12.95 specials. I got a half (baked) chicken with leek gravy over rice. The chicken was very tender, basic but good. The gravy was more like cream of chicken soup but satisfying. I paid $1 more for French Onion Soup that was a bit plain but smothered with cheese-yum.

My husband got the 1/2 pound grilled hamburger steak with salad, baked potato and peas and carrots. The steak was very tasty with a good grilled flavor.

The rolls were dry and basically not edible.

We shared a piece of chocolate cream pie. Here looks can be deceiving. It was huge and looked great. Well, the "crust" was a thin layer of stale chocolate cake. That was covered with chocolate pudding and then there was a huge layer of stiff white cream that had absorbed fridge taste. The other desserts all looked huge and delicious but if the result is like this I would skip them.

While we were there many locals came in for takeout. They take credit cards, which is a plus for a diner in New York.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stopped here for a late night meal - nowhere else seemed to be open (though Dutch Kills probably was but fancied the diner experience instead)
Chicken and spinach wrap was delicious (and huge); husband really enjoyed his corned beef hash.
Proper diner fare and experience - what's not to like?!