We didn't get off on such a great start. Upon our arrival at the HI Express Queens, there was some arguing with the front desk about our booking. In the end we (the guests) were proven right, and we never received any feedback or apology from the front desk. Other than this small hiccup, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Grand Central Station and Times Square are one subway ride away. The subway (7) runs all day and all night, so transportation to and from Manhattan is very convenient. The walk from the subway stop to the hotel at night was a little scary at first, but after we realized that the neighborhood looks scarier than it actually is, we were OK. Nothing bad happened after all.
The hotel is clean, to say the least. Beds are big and comfortable. Nice bathroom, big TV, refrigerator and microwave in the room. Complimentary breakfast was good. Would definately stay here again if I come back to New York!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Red Roof Inn, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Red Roof Inn Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Queens Long Island City, New York