Stayed 3 nights with 8 year old son. Needed a hotel between Citifield and Manhattan. It was a half mile walk to the convenient 7 train. The walk was safe even at midnight when returning from Citifield.
Service was good. Room was clean. Showers an AC/Heat worked. Some fixtures broke but didn't effect functionality.
We slept well. Breakfast was just enough to get us going. Free wifi worked well.
We spent little time at the hotel so it was just good enough to serve its purpose. If you are looking for a great place to spend time this not the hotel for you. If you need a place to sleep and shower it will meet your expectations.
People we dealt with were friendly and helpful.
Found a safe place to stay and we were happy. A little traffic noise due to location, but I am a light sleeper and slept fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Red Roof Inn Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Queens Long Island City, New York