Location; excellent- a taxi from JFK was $35 and took about 50 mins, Carmel Limo always do money off vouchers and their cars are clean with reliable drivers. A 10 mins (slow) walk to the metro then a 7 train had us in Manhattan in 30 minutes, the free hotel shuttle will take you to the station in 5 mins or you can hail a taxi at $4. Lots of shops and restaurants open til very late or 24 hours meant busy streets, we walked to the station every morning and evening and never felt unsafe.
Amenities; clean microwave, fridge and coffee making machine in the room were invaluable. Wifi signal was good all over the hotel.
Cleanliness; perfect, housekeeping were very efficient
Staff; really helpful and friendly, always happy to give advice
Breakfast; the professional picture supplied is incorrect (maybe an old one before the ownership change) the seating area is very small with too little tables available for a full house (5/6 tables roughly). We had breakfast just once there as we couldn't be bothered to wait around for a table or take breakfast back to our room. However it was well stocked, clean and had a nice choice of food. The breakfast area was the only downside but really that is all and it cannot be helped as the hotel lobby isn't that big- you can always take breakfast back to your room. It is definitely NOT a reason to overlook staying here.
Stuff I'd recommend:
Buy a 7 day Metro pass for $30- they're invaluable for getting around the 24 hour system without hassle
Petes 24 hour diner opposite the Metro (by the gas station)- food was amazing, great value for money and superlovely staff
For souvenirs, a few doors down from Petes there are heaps of shops that sell exactly the same stuff you'd find in Times Square shops for a fraction of the cost,
Overall, really good value for money and will stay there again without doubt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Red Roof Inn and Odigeo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Queens Long Island City, New York