Location; excellent- a taxi from JFK was $35 and took about 50 mins, Carmel Limo always do money off vouchers and their cars are clean with reliable drivers. A 10 mins (slow) walk to the metro then a 7 train had us in Manhattan in 30 minutes, the free hotel shuttle will take you to the station in 5 mins or you can hail a taxi at $4. Lots of shops and restaurants open til very late or 24 hours meant busy streets, we walked to the station every morning and evening and never felt unsafe.
Amenities; clean microwave, fridge and coffee making machine in the room were invaluable. Wifi signal was good all over the hotel.
Cleanliness; perfect, housekeeping were very efficient
Staff; really helpful and friendly, always happy to give advice
Breakfast; the professional picture supplied is incorrect (maybe an old one before the ownership change) the seating area is very small with too little tables available for a full house (5/6 tables roughly). We had breakfast just once there as we couldn't be bothered to wait around for a table or take breakfast back to our room. However it was well stocked, clean and had a nice choice of food. The breakfast area was the only downside but really that is all and it cannot be helped as the hotel lobby isn't that big- you can always take breakfast back to your room. It is definitely NOT a reason to overlook staying here.
Stuff I'd recommend:
Buy a 7 day Metro pass for $30- they're invaluable for getting around the 24 hour system without hassle
Petes 24 hour diner opposite the Metro (by the gas station)- food was amazing, great value for money and superlovely staff
For souvenirs, a few doors down from Petes there are heaps of shops that sell exactly the same stuff you'd find in Times Square shops for a fraction of the cost,
Overall, really good value for money and will stay there again without doubt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traveling for business or leisure, the Best Western® Long Island City is the ideal place to call your home away from home. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel that offers a complimentary full hot breakfast, limited complimentary parking for compact cars only and free Wi-Fi. The Best Western® Long Island City is located 20 minutes from Manhattan, New York City, Time Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and the United Nation Building. We are minutes away from LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 30 minutes from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and within walking distance to the MTA station (subway). Our 24 hour Guest Services Agents are available at the front desk to assist you with any questions or information you may need. We welcome the opportunity to call you our guest and we hope that you make the Best Western® Long Island City part of you experience in New York City. Newly renovated June 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Best Western Long Island City New York