During the summer months, we visited NYC and decided to stay outside of Manhattan to keep the cost down. And this hotel definetely was affordable.
With free parking and breakfast, it is an awesome value. Breakfast may be crowded at times, but you can easily take your yogurt, bagel, etc to your room. Although no 'hot' items, it was plenty to get you started for the day.
Parking was outdoor at the back of the hotel. Beware if you are driving a larger van or truck (I guess you should beware to take a large vehicle into NYC anyways). We arrived on a Sunday evening, and had plenty of parking spots to choose from (we didnt move the car until checkout) but did noticed that one night it was all full. Not sure what arrangements were for those that couldnt park on the property.
Rooms are sufficient. And with adequate fridge & microwave. Our shower takes a long time to heat up. Free hotel shuttle to the nearby subway station (20 min subway ride into Times Square) or about a 10min walk. Near the subway station was McDonald's and many other restaurants, also a 24hr diner.
Staff are always helpful, and polite. We would stay here again if we ever visit NYC again. (not really our type of city, or travel destination)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traveling for business or leisure, the Best Western® Long Island City is the ideal place to call your home away from home. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel that offers a complimentary full hot breakfast, limited complimentary parking for compact cars only and free Wi-Fi. The Best Western® Long Island City is located 20 minutes from Manhattan, New York City, Time Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and the United Nation Building. We are minutes away from LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 30 minutes from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and within walking distance to the MTA station (subway). Our 24 hour Guest Services Agents are available at the front desk to assist you with any questions or information you may need. We welcome the opportunity to call you our guest and we hope that you make the Best Western® Long Island City part of you experience in New York City. Newly renovated June 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Best Western Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Best Western Long Island City New York