Room is OK...(they boost that the rooms were recently remodeled...but it appears that means they put in a new refrig & microwave...and facelift types of things...
My trip was extended by 4 days and I'm going to move hotels because of the night manager at the front desk was a complete [--] JERK...he lives up to the other reviews about the hotel that say the same thing...No One had anything but bad remarks about him...I'm overlooking the fact that he has the personally of a wet mop..On Travelocity, the hotel states, and I quote, they "have a Free shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel"...That's a BIG LIE...Rooms should be cheaper...considering almost the entire ground is under construction...you have to walk through a big mess every time you come in...the only time I was greeted by a friendly person at the front desk was when I arrived the first night and I haven't seen that girl back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Red Roof Inn Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Queens Long Island City, New York