I based my decision to stay here on the reviews I read here, and I have to say I had mixed results. First of all, the rooms are tiny. If it was just me, or me and my wife, it would have been OK, but for a family of four, we could barely move around, and it was difficult to find room for our stuff without it covering the carpet. The bathroom was also tiny. The first night we arrived, the internet was down. When it came up, there were times when we couldn't get in because of too many users. Not acceptable. The lobby was undergoing renovations, which will be good for those to follow, but annoying for us. My biggest annoyance was that I booked the room largely because it claimed to have two queen sized beds. This is NOT true, they are full sized beds, which makes it tight for four adult-sized people. The breakfast area is tiny and we usually had to bring our food back to our room. We had a hard time getting hot water for showers in the morning. The rooms were dated and beat up, but I expected that.
Now for the good: The people were very friendly and helpful when needed. Also, it is in a great location for getting around. We were visiting to look at colleges in the Bronx and Queens. We wanted to be able to drive to the colleges, but take the train into the city, and we couldn't have picked a better location. The parking lot is small, but we never had a problem finding a space. The train station is about a 10 minute walk through a good neighborhood. A few reviews noted that the neighborhood was a bit sketchy, but that couldn't be further from the truth. We walked back to the hotel late at least two nights and never, for a second, felt uncomfortable. Times Square is four or five stops away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located hotel near the Midtown Tunnel, just four miles from Manhattan off the Long Island Expressway (LIE) Rt. 495 and Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE), Rt. 278. The hotel is located 5.2 miles from La Guardia Airport (LGA)/ 9.8 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). We are at a walkable distance to many popular restaurants serving local cuisine. Hop and skip to Manhattan, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State, Wall Street, Brooklyn, Broadway, CITI Field and Yankee Stadium and many points of interest daily by the #7 train which is just 3 blocks from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Red Roof Inn Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn Queens Long Island City, New York