I based my decision to stay here on the reviews I read here, and I have to say I had mixed results. First of all, the rooms are tiny. If it was just me, or me and my wife, it would have been OK, but for a family of four, we could barely move around, and it was difficult to find room for our stuff without it covering the carpet. The bathroom was also tiny. The first night we arrived, the internet was down. When it came up, there were times when we couldn't get in because of too many users. Not acceptable. The lobby was undergoing renovations, which will be good for those to follow, but annoying for us. My biggest annoyance was that I booked the room largely because it claimed to have two queen sized beds. This is NOT true, they are full sized beds, which makes it tight for four adult-sized people. The breakfast area is tiny and we usually had to bring our food back to our room. We had a hard time getting hot water for showers in the morning. The rooms were dated and beat up, but I expected that.
Now for the good: The people were very friendly and helpful when needed. Also, it is in a great location for getting around. We were visiting to look at colleges in the Bronx and Queens. We wanted to be able to drive to the colleges, but take the train into the city, and we couldn't have picked a better location. The parking lot is small, but we never had a problem finding a space. The train station is about a 10 minute walk through a good neighborhood. A few reviews noted that the neighborhood was a bit sketchy, but that couldn't be further from the truth. We walked back to the hotel late at least two nights and never, for a second, felt uncomfortable. Times Square is four or five stops away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traveling for business or leisure, the Best Western® Long Island City is the ideal place to call your home away from home. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel that offers a complimentary full hot breakfast, limited complimentary parking for compact cars only and free Wi-Fi. The Best Western® Long Island City is located 20 minutes from Manhattan, New York City, Time Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and the United Nation Building. We are minutes away from LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 30 minutes from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and within walking distance to the MTA station (subway). Our 24 hour Guest Services Agents are available at the front desk to assist you with any questions or information you may need. We welcome the opportunity to call you our guest and we hope that you make the Best Western® Long Island City part of you experience in New York City. Newly renovated June 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Best Western, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Best Western Long Island City New York