“Highly recommended for family”

Best Western Long Island City
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed March 25, 2013

it was a Great hotel , Staff was very friendly to us. parking little bit tricky its NYC so you have to expect that. . Rooms are Very clean , And the Breakfast is good. I would recommended this place to family and friends

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank prasann c
Ignacio F, General Manager at Best Western Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and we appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the red roof hotel. Your comments are very welcome and we will share with our staff, were happy that you enjoy your stay , and we hope to see you in the future and we will make you feel “at home away from home”

There are newer reviews for Best Western Long Island City

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our stay in hotel was fantastic! We were here in March 2013. I must say "thank you" for general manager Ignacio Fonseca - was really very willing, everytime. The hotel is good located and staff is very kind. For travelling in surroundings is good to have a shuttle. It is free in this hotel and is ready everytime you need! When we get back from Denver, CO, se we took our stay in this hotel again. Thx for everyting!

Room Tip: We had a room in second and in third floor. Both were good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sykyzz
Ignacio F, General Manager at Best Western Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment about us . We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof.

we hope we see you soon again .

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a great hotel for visiting NYC on a tighter budget (without going for a hostel). Considering you're getting a private room, bathroom, breakfast, and great wifi; this is a great value.

There were definitely maintenance problems: one lamp didn't work, the toilet was clogged, and the doorknob on the bathroom was falling off. Very clean and excellent customer service however.

There's a few convenience stores and chinese resturaunts nearby. Very easy walk to and from the subway. I'm sure to come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oceancron
Ignacio F, General Manager at Best Western Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Queens Red Roof. Please accept my sincerest apologies for inconvenience with the light bulb and the door handle. and also I will like to you know we are working on this problems, so our next guest or in your future stay don’t experience this problems, I hope you notice were on the renovation process, so we can serve you better in the near future

Reviewed March 21, 2013

While on a road-trip across the north-eastern USA last summer, my mom and I spent 3 nights in this hotel.

I researched hotels in NYC for hours upon hours, trying to find the best bang for my buck. Eventually, I decided on the Red Roof Inn (At the time I believe it was still known as the Queensboro).

The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the nearest subway station through a residential neighbourhood, and about 12 minutes from the time you walked onto the train and walked off it in Times Square. The room was pretty tiny (typical for NYC) and the beds were pretty hard, but I paid $109/night and it was clean, felt safe, had in-room wifi, a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Plus they served free continental breakfast every morning (only until 9am though - too early for us night-owls) and free off-street parking. The lady at the front desk was an absolute gem, completely taking us under her wing with regards to restaurant recommendations and how to navigate the subway system (which, by the way, is no where near as intimidating as one would expect!).

Being in a residential neighbourhood, we did feel fairly safe even late at night when walking back to the hotel from the subway stop.

My only complaint (aside from perhaps the beds being a little too hard for my preference) was that when we tried calling out for delivery, it was constantly busy. We had the distinct impression that it was the hotel disabling the function of calling out. Eventually we gave up trying to get through and walked to one of the two restaurants we were trying to call. When we got there, there was a guy talking on the phone so perhaps that was why we couldn't get through, but I'm not sure that it was a coincidence that both restaurants we were calling had constantly busy phone lines. We could have just called using our cell-phones I suppose, but being from Canada, that would have cost an arm and a leg. Not a big deal though, we just walked!

I would definitely recommend the Red Roof Inn to anyone willing to sacrifice a bit of time (for traveling to Manhattan), space and bed comfort. Besides - when you're in NYC the last thing you'll be doing is sleeping or hanging out in your hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LadyAwesome

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel location is perfect for either leisure and business. The staff are courteous and warm. The front desk service and subsequent customer relation rendered by the General Manager, Ignacious Fonseca was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Csnet O
Ignacio F, General Manager at Best Western Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you and ,we I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Hotel Queens ,Long island City

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed for a night in March. The hotel was a little tricky to find, even with GPS. We lucked out with a parking spot right on the street in front of the hotel, but we were staying on the weekend. Those spots will get your car towed after 7AM during the week! The lobby was pretty spartan, and the carpets and furniture looked a bit worn. The front desk manager was very friendly and helpful--made us feel very welcome. Our room was quite nice...flat screen TV, mini fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer in the bathroom. The mattress was pretty firm, but not uncomfortable, and the room was very clean. We had a minor problem with the shower curtain in the bathroom--the rod was starting to come out of the wall and droop, so the curtain kept sliding open. Breakfast was available in the lobby in the morning. Nothing special--cereal, toast, bagels, yogurt. There was a waffle maker for fresh waffles if you want. All in all, a comfortable though not luxurious night's stay in South Queens, close to the subway and the LIRR station.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Merrill L
Ignacio F, General Manager at Best Western Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof. I’m glad you had a comfortable stay at our hotel. We apologize if our appearance was not top notch at the moment. We also please take our apologies for this inconvenience about the shower rod, but we do working this item to make sure don’t happen again, our carpets will be replace in the next few weeks, I hope you notice all the renovation in our hotel . Besides that, we are glad you liked your stay here. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope that by your next visit Changes would have been made regarding the small inconveniences you experienced.
I hope we see you inthe future again soon

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Haven't stayed at a Red Roof Inn before. I was very surprised how modern the room was. It had a flat screen TV, fridge, and updated rooms. Lights were above the beds for reading in bed. Plugs all were accessible for all our electronics. (No pulling out of desks or crawling on the floor, trying to reach a plug.) Beds were comfy. I liked it so much, I booked another Red Roof Inn for our next stay at another location during our trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank gemtravel58

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Queens Red Roof. I am glad your stay at our hotel was so pleasant. We hope you have the same experience on your next visit to one of our hotels.We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.