- third floor including room reeked of fresh paint, my clothes that I never unpacked smelled of paint when I got home
- loud staff outside of room for majority of morning
-staff made no attempt to clean room which wasn't very clean to begin with...random mysterious stains throughout room
- overnight desk manager, Remi is Rude and unprofessional on the phone and in person. Experienced this myself and then watched as he was nasty to other customers who called in to request information. Who hired this man? (Reservations were made online for the wrong night accidentally, when speaking to him within 20 min of booking and explaining the situation, his response: "that's not my problem, why are you calling here about that, sell the room to someone, you know every hotel has the same policies"; I'm sure they do, and policy is policy, but I bet they also know how to speak to their customers with respect and understanding.
This was an emergency stay, ended up booking 2 nights, one of which wasn't used)
- took over 40 min to find a spot that I'm pretty sure was illegal anyway
- front entrance sliding doors broken- had to set all bags down and manually pry doors apart and push them back together.....?
- hallways messy and cluttered with large bags of garbage and laundry in the middle of the afternoon
- careful leaving! Hotel located on a busy off ramp, crossing the street is an adventure in car dodging
+ microwave / fridge / coffee in room, very convenient
+ beds comfortable, lots of extra pillows
+ breakfast lounge was well stocked and staff was friendly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traveling for business or leisure, the Best Western® Long Island City is the ideal place to call your home away from home. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel that offers a complimentary full hot breakfast, limited complimentary parking for compact cars only and free Wi-Fi. The Best Western® Long Island City is located 20 minutes from Manhattan, New York City, Time Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and the United Nation Building. We are minutes away from LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 30 minutes from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and within walking distance to the MTA station (subway). Our 24 hour Guest Services Agents are available at the front desk to assist you with any questions or information you may need. We welcome the opportunity to call you our guest and we hope that you make the Best Western® Long Island City part of you experience in New York City. Newly renovated June 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Queens
- Holiday Inn Queens
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Long Island City Holiday Inn
- Best Western Long Island City New York