“Small but nice”
Review of Z NYC Hotel

Z NYC Hotel
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The views in this hotel can't be beat. However, if you are going in winter, expect the hallways to be chill. Staff is friendly and helpful. Showers are great. For a business traveller this can't be beat. A little small if you are a couple but still, loved the atmosphere. Very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor if you want a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank katimjo

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Decent hotel in a very industrial area. The best thing about this hotel is the view of the skyline. Small rooms. Everything crammed, bad beds. Tries to be hip but there is a long way to go. Food is subpar. A type of industrial European hotel.
Complimentary shuttle to Manhattan every half hour is a plus. I will probably never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TonicTravelAmeniti
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel is worth staying in for the view alone! Every single room is blessed with the ever changing skyline of New York City, through floor to ceiling windows. At every hour of the day, the light changes the view slightly and it is simply breath taking!

We stayed here just after the hotel opened, sadly the roof top bar was still partially under construction but we did sneak up there to take a look and take photos. It looks like an excellent addition to the hotel. We were briefly questioned by a doorman on the saturday night as to whether we were guests at the hotel or visiting the bar, but this was no trouble.

We didn't use the transfer service to manhattan, in favour of the subway - which is a few minutes walk.

Sure the area is industrial, but anyone who does their research would have known this before travelling. But I wouldn't stay anywhere else in New York now.

The staff were helpful and friendly and the buffet breakfast (providing you got there early) was plentiful and typically american (bagels, muffins and pastries).

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early! Not just because it won't have run out by the time you get there, but be...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PetaLou82
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Modern, butique hotel with everything you need in NYC! Spacious room, great service, good restaurant, a shuttle to and from the airport and to and from Manhattan (59th street). All the rooms have beautiful view of Manhattan. No problem with parking on the street.

Room Tip: Don't forget that this is New York and rooms are smaller that in province. But that's not wh...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank DorotaMalgorzta
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The 2 good things about this hotel are 1: the view from the rooms
2: the free shuttle bus
The hotel its self isn't bad its just not quite there yet !!! The breakfast is a rip off paid $14.95 each and there was hardly any food and what was there was cold when the staff were asked there answer was we know more is on the way?? After 20 mins we paid the bill and left had breakfast in the city the rest of our stay ( note to breakfast staff SMILE)
The staff on the front desk are helpful and chatty.
The hotel has a night club on the weekend if you want to sleep forget it doesn't close till 4am.
I would stay again but only because of the view its breath taking.
Ps the taxi the hotel arranged to collect us from jfk never turned up had to get a yellow cab from the airport which was cheaper !!!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank angelas1966
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I had a great experience at this hotel over a weekend trip in New York. First of all, the service was great, the hotel allowed us to check in early which took a lot of stress off us as we were trying to see as much as we could in a short period of time. The decor is very cool and "hip" and the room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is a little distance from midtown but the view makes it worth it. We loved being able to see the skyline right from the room. There is transportation provided but it is also pretty close to a subway station. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and still had a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I bought a room from a Living Social deal. The rate was good. I stayed here for a wedding. The rooms are very small. My phone & TV were both broken. The room lacked basic amenities such as a hair dryer, iron or even a pen, but did supply used flip flops! My room came with a free bottle of champagne which I did not even get to drink, so I took it home. BUT I was charged an extra $12 on my credit card for apparently buying a bottle if champagne from the mini bar. WHY WOUKD I BUY A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE IF I ALREADY HAD A FREE ONE!? When I called about this, the manager told me he would ask his housekeeper and get back to me. It's been 4 days, no call. Complete rip off. I wouldn't stay here again if the room was free.

• Stayed: February 2014
8  Thank TAT613
Lisa G, Director of Sales at Z NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Our engineering team is on property and available for assistance 24 hours a day to make all necessary repairs. We do offer hairdryers in all our guest rooms and iron and ironing boards are available upon request.

Our front desk staff is also happy to assist in answer any questions you may have to make your stay more comfortable.