“Great stay as always”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great stay as always”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have stayed here couple of times and it is always a great stay. Nice rooms, great view, cool Lounge, good food and convenient shuttle bus service to Manhattan. Look forward to my next stay - hopefully very soon. Thanks to Lisa and the team for a great hospitality

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I really wasn't waiting anything really good for that price i have booked this hotel for. As i thought it wasn't really good location, and price is low but =anyway i did it. And i was really surpresed when i got to the room... i have panorama of New York as you see it in movies right infront of me! Big window was reallygreat for that and i really couldn't sleep!
By taxi it takes really not long to get to the center. and administrators are always kind and helpful.
I have loved it!

Room Tip: Take the highest floors and city view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EkySheWolf
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My friend and I stayed at this hotel at the start of December and were very pleasantly surprised by this top class hotel. Having never stayed outside of Manhattan on all my trips to New York, I was reluctant at first but am very, very glad we chose this hotel. There is a free shuttle service that runs to and from Manhattan regularly, with a drop of point right across the road from Bloomingdales which is an excellent location, as 5th Avenue, Central Park, and Times Square are all within a decent walking distance, plus there is a subway station near by for any trips further afield. On one of our returns to the hotel, the shuttle service was full, but we were told by the driver to get a taxi, and we were reimbursed for this at the hotel which I think is a bonus. All the staff members were extremely friendly and helpful, and made us feel very welcome and at home straight away. When we arrived, we were immediately greeted with a smile and helped with our luggage, right up to our room. The room was a decent size, very clean and very comfortable and cosy. The hallways were quite cold and basic, but the heater in the room ensured that we were most comfortable and cosy, and I slept fantastically in the comfortable bed. The location of the hotel ensures a magnificent view of the Manhattan skyline. We were on the third floor, and could enjoy this view, but I feel it would be better from a higher floor. Unfortunately, we never got to try the rooftop bar, but would be assured that the view from there would be spectacular.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to New York. It is much cheaper than most overpriced hotels in Manhattan, and the service is A+ and well worth every penny.

Room Tip: Higher floors will provide an even better view.
1 Thank AbbieMci
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five days this month. All rooms have the most fantastic view of the Manhatten skyline. Fabulous. We often kept the curtains open and just admired. The hotel staff were very helpful in showing directions to all the tourist attractions. The food was good and reasonably priced. The room was sufficient for our stay and was "made " each day. The toiletries were first class. I would definitely recommend this hotel and definitely stay here again. The shuttle bus was a huge bonus and the drivers friendly, always turning up on time! In the area there were a few diners, The Court Diner was great for a breakfast. A small diner and bar literally just around the corner was worth a visit too, their pulled pork sandwich was amazing. All in all we had a fantastic experience and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nicola Y
Belfast
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights at the start of December with my friend and absolutely loved it. Located in Long Island city, it's a good hotel to stay in to get away from the crowded city. It has a free shuttle every hour on the hour from the hotel, and every hour on the half hour from the city. It drops you off just outside Bloomingdales so it's a perfect location, and if it's full they will pay for a taxi for you. On arriving at around 9pm we were greeted right outside of the taxi and had our luggage taken right up to the room by the helpful staff. We had a room on the third floor which had a nice view of the city, but I think having a higher room would provide a much better view. The hallways are freezing cold in the winter, but our heater was on full in our room for our arrival and we were never cold. The room itself is very modern and we were super cosy. It has a tv with some good tv channels, a mini bar and a hair dryer to name a few. Plus some flip flops and a dressing gown. The sink is in the room itself, but this was no problem for us and was actually quite helpful for getting ready while the other was in the shower. The Shower itself was a lovely rainfall shower, however there is no lock on the bathroom door which may be a concern for some people. The staff were always very friendly and always greeted us every time we came down stairs which I loved, as it made us feel very welcome. The surrounding area doesn't have much, a few places to eat, but we always ate in the city so this wasn't a problem. Silvercup studios is also close by, although they unfortunately do not offer any tours. I would 100% stay in this hotel again, and probably will on my next trip, as although it's not in the city itself it is a beautiful hotel and the free shuttle meant it wasn't a problem. Also, the beds were super comfortable and I had a great sleep every night!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for a better view.
Largo, Florida
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Amazing view, trendy building. The location is awesome. Not overcrowded since it's a mostly commercial area. Free shuttle to and from Manhattan which is a quick ride. There's also a Subway line a short walk away. The rooms are comfy, the shower huge, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Staff was helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this and will return.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

From the front desk employees, to the van drivers, and the bartenders,Derrick and Maria, we were treated with fun, and respect. Great location, view of NYC, and nice people. Even free van shuttle to and from hotel to Manhattan!! It's a Wow!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple