“You cant ser Manhattan on manhattan .”
Review of Z NYC Hotel

Z NYC Hotel
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
Sweden
“You cant ser Manhattan on manhattan .”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great hotel with nice atmosphere with their Owen urban transportation over to Manhattan. Roms are neat and the staff are serviceminded. Breakfast could be better bit hits all good. Would recommend it again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank PSilvin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Z Hotel in Long Island City, NY and were extremely disappointed in the customer service and treatment here.
A few family friends stayed at the same hotel and we all noticed the heating/air conditioning was not working properly in any of our rooms. Heat was blasting even after turning the temp down to 64 degrees. The front desk said there was nothing they could do about it and did not opt to help correct the issue.
Management was extremely disappointing, rude and the customer service at this branch was horrendous.
My family and friends will never go back there and we will be sure to tell everyone we come into contact with never to waste their time or money here!
Horrible!

Room Tip: As long as you don't stay at the Long Island City branch, you might have a better chance of enjo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank beth w
Lisa G, Director of Sales at Z NYC Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Beth,

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your feedback as we constantly strive to improve our guest experience.

Unfortunately during the change in seasons it is quite difficult to regulate interior temperatures, however the a/c is available year round. As with other guest that experienced similar situations our in house engineering staff, which is available 24 hour a day for such issues, has always resolved these issues. It’s unfortunate that you didn’t reach out for assistance.

I apologize for any misinformation that may have been given by our staff and that you felt mistreated. Your concerns have been addressed with our staff accordingly.

The Z NYC Hotel management and staff strive to provide each and every guest a memorable stay. If I can be of further assist, you may contact me directly at your convenience.

Lisa
Director of Sales and Marketing
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just returned to Denmark after a nice week in NY, which included a night at the Z hotel. This booking was meant as a break from the hectic downtown atmosphere, and it worked out just fine with very good and friendly service from all the staff. Burgers from the diner were very good and so was the breakfast, but dont expect too much of the menu. The hotel is very new with splendid decor, etc. The room was okay, but the heatingsystem was noisy. Overall a pleasant stay with good shuttleservice to Manhattan, which is good as the surroundings are a little 'dark after dark'. And last, but surely not least... the view from the room is absolutely fantastic! :-)

Mr. & Mrs. Wiborg from Denmark

2 Thank wiborg2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My stay at Z Hotel was fantastic. We arrived at 2am because of a late plane out of Denver due to a snow storm. The staff was so energetic and accomodating. We had been travelling for a while on holiday from Australia.

They met us at the curb with a smile and called us by name because they were expecting us.

The drive from LaGuardia was a quick 10 mins by taxi.

My husband has a back injury and the bed was very comfortable for him after a full day of walking around the city.

The view was incredible- it looks exactly like the photos on the website. In fact, the hotel looks like it does in the photos there are no rude surprises.

The shuttle was fantastic. Quick ride into the city, and reliable.

Wouldn't walk around the area at night, but that isn't a problem when the shuttle is provided, and a cab from midtown is so cheap.

Stayed in one night and drank in the bar talking to the staff. Had a great time. The atmosphere was fun, and the staff all young and friendly.

The size isn't that small when considering New York standards. We were travelling with a ton of luggage and were very comfortable. didn't have to climb over luggage or each other.

We enjoyed it so much we extended our 2 night stay by 2 more nights.

Room Tip: High floor
2 Thank K M
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Z Hotel during the renovation of my Apt, and I am very impress by the quality and the concept of this Boutique Hotel. Service is amazing, all amenities, phone, internet are included, for a very good price. About the room, it's a boutique hotel, that means you have a ultra clean & design bedroom and furnitures. The Hotel is very convenient to commute to the city, they have a free shuttle avery 30min what a dream. I think this is Z best deal ever in NYC !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MeetMeInNYC
Londerzeel, Belgium
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Small but comfortable rooms, FREE Wifi everywhere, Free shuttle to Manhattan.
Simple but good breakfast. This area will be top location in a couple of years. One can see that the area is under construction, The Hotel, and some buildings around, are the first step.We went for a walk in the evening but returned after 5 minutes as we didn't feel comfortable and safe :-((
_____________________________________________________________________________

Room Tip: Take a room at the highest floor with breathtaking view on Manhattan. Lower floors (we stayed at th...
2 Thank PaulLonderzeel
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The view from my room was the best part of this hotel. This was for a business trip so I cannot comment on the shuttle to midtown, beyond saying the bus was cute.

The room was very European = small, but it was nicely decorated in an art deco style. The bathroom was even smaller with the shower enclosure too short to keep the water from splashing out. My second night I woke at 2am to heat blowing from my AC and the temp in the room nearly 85. The desk sent a maintenance man to my room without hotel ID and not in any type of a uniform, they really expected me to open my door (woman in NYC alone, open my door to a stranger???? NOT). After two attempts at changing out the AC unit, they finally achieved success. This was then shattered the next night when I returned from dinner and the heat was blowing once again. They said something about a boiler being turned on and that they needed to flip a switch on the side of the AC to change it back to cold air. Okay, I may not be in the heating and cooling business but if it was blowing cold air the night before who came in my room and flipped the switch????

The breakfast buffet/continental breakfast is adequate, though I protest having a 20% tip added to my bill when I only got OJ and coffee once. If I am tipping for wait service I really want to be waited on. This brings me to the lack of restaurants that you can walk to. This hotel is in a very industrial area and you must take a taxi to have a meal.

Staff at the desk was polite and well groomed. The hotel was clean.

Again, all I can recommend is to stay for the view which is SPECTACULAR.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor away from the elevator, but I hear that in the summer they have a club on the ro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business