I stayed here for a week with my teenage daughter. I was looking for something affordable, with easy access to Manhattan, that would feel like a treat--so this little boutique hotel was just what we needed. The views of the city are AMAZING, the staff is very warm and helpful, and the decor and rooms were perfect.
The shuttle in and out of the city was always on time and always available. And, the few times we missed it (our own fault) and didn't want to wait for the next opportunity, the subway was only about a ten-minute walk away. In the evening when we were out too late to catch the shuttle, a taxi ride was pretty cheap, too (I think around $15?).
- The minibar is stocked with plenty of drinks and snacks, and reasonably priced.
- The bathroom, shower, sink and vanity are very upscale.
- The decor in the lobby and the rooms is fun.
- The staff at the front desk is friendly.
- The staff in the kitchen/bar area in the morning is helpful and nice.
The sound level on the upper floors might be an issue for some people. The night we arrived was a Friday and they put us on the 2nd floor. At first I balked and asked for a room on a higher floor, but he explained he'd put us there on purpose because there was a party on the roof, and that we could move later, so we stayed there that night and it was reasonably quiet. The next morning we moved up to the 9th floor. That night it was pretty loud, mostly just bass thumping, but we were worn out from our day's excursions so we slept fine anyway. Your mileage may vary.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Z NYC Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Z NYC Hotel Long Island City, New York