“Value for you money!”
Review of Z NYC Hotel

Z NYC Hotel
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Even though Z Hotel isn't a cheap hotel, it also isn't expensive for the quality you get. You definately get a lot of value for your money. The hotel is very new and has a nice and fancy, modern style. Most of the visitors were young, just like the (friendly) people that were working in the hotel. Even though it's not located in the city center, by metro (or limo free limo transfer) you're downtown in about 15 minutes. The breakfast is good, for American standards, and Z Hotel also has some other nice free facilities, like the limo transfer, Z Hotel flipflops and a (big) umbrella. All in all we can definately recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barryseasons
There are newer reviews for Z NYC Hotel

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed here for a business trip, but took the hubby with me. It just on the other side of the Queensboro Bridge, but about 1/2 the cost of staying in Midtown. Hotel provides a shuttle into the city, however. As all NYC hotels, rooms are small, but the place was very hip and modern. Restaurant and such was not yet open. Not very convenient to the Subway. I look forward to going back!

4  Thank ShortcutShari
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I found the hotel via an online discounter for $128/night ("superior queen"), much less than the $189 rate advertised by the hotel itself. This is a brand new hotel (opened last month) just a couple of blocks south of the Queensboro Bridge in Long Island City. All rooms have spectacular views of Manhattan and the Bridge. The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the city (to 58th and Park) as well as a complimentary continental breakfast (mainly pastries, juice, and coffee). Note that the restaurant hasn't opened yet and local eateries are rather limited. Subway access requires an appr. 10-minute walk (not recommended at night) to the F Line. My room was very clean and comfortable (great a/c!) and featured a bathroom with upscale towels and toiletries and a very large shower. The desk staff and drivers were exceedingly polite and helpful (and no doubt appreciated by the many European patrons). Even at the current advertised rates, this place is unbeatable.

Room Tip: Compare online discounters with hotel's own advertised rates.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank DavidMcTier
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Brand new hotel located in Queens. Excellent staff, extra friendly and accommodating !!!!
Olga, Lauren, and Patrick were on the front desk daily. They personalize our stay by attending to our needs which included providing refrigeration for my husband`s insulin.
The room was very clean and I loved the toiletry items especially the shower gel and soap.
A light breakfast and complimentary limo service to Manhattan were available daily.
We had a terrific view of the QueensBoro bridge and the city of Manhattan from our window. Don`t miss having a drink on the roof top during the happy hour.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank hedgehog831
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stayed her for two nights because it was significantly more affordable than anything in Manhatttan. About a 0.3-0.5 mile walk to 3 different subway stations and the ride into the city is very fast. Did not use the shuttle (it's really a limo) provided by the hotel - but that is an option. A/C in the room struggled a bit, but that was likely par for the course as I stayed during the heat wave. Even on the hottest day, the roof bar was most enjoyable in the evening. With the sun setting and an excellent breeze, it was the perfect end to each day. This hotel has only been open a month, so the restaurant is not yet open. Free breakfast in the morning with pastries and fresh fruit along with coffee, juice, tea and water. I found the staff to be most friendly and loved their dress code (especially the converse). Room did not have an iron/ironing board. Wi-fi was amazingly fast for a hotel. Great bath products as well.

1  Thank UMS
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I made a booking on June 22nd to stay here for a week later in the year. I entered the wrong arrival date in error but noticed my mistake immediately. After checking that the cost of the stay for my correct dates was the same I emailed the hotel to ask if the dates could be amended. When no one got back to me I emailed again on 23rd June. I finally got a phone call and an email on June 25th to say that the booking would be changed and they confirmed that the cost was the same. I was told I would be sent a new confirmation email. On June 25th and again on July 7th I sent emails to notify reservations that I had not received this new confirmation. I received a reply on the second occasion telling me that the confirmations were being sent to the wrong email address and it was resent to me, without any details of cost. I replied asking for this detail to be included and two days later it was sent and the price was almost $150 higher than at the original time of booking. I queried this and was simply told that the price had since risen (so what?, I booked this weeks ago!) and if I forwarded the original confirmation email it would be passed to 'managers' to see if anything could be done. I sent it the same day, i.e. 9th July. By July 12th I had still heard nothing back so I sent a reminder asking if someone could get back to me once and for all on this. Nobody did. On July 14th I admitted defeat and cancelled the reservation. I also expressed my disappointment to the hotel as I had been looking forward to staying here after reading the good reviews. I notified them that I would be uploading details of my experience to Trip Advisor in the coming days, thereby giving them an opportunity to offer any excuses they might have for this shambles. I did not receive a reply. My reasons for cancelling this booking are not based on cost as I can still get a room here for my desired dates at a very good rate on Hotels.com. I cancelled this as the hotel simply doesn't seem to care and that doesn't fill me with confidence that I will enjoy my stay there. I cannot express how frustrating it is to be waiting days for a simple reply to an email request and during that time see post after post on the Z Hotel Facebook about how 'Hot' their new hotel is. Rant over.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Ryder78
Reviewed July 15, 2011

What a surprise, an affordable hotel with breathtaking views from every room of the Manhattan skyline. A roof top terrace, truly hip, has complimentary limo service to and from Manhattan/Bloomingdales. Very convenient for La Guardia and has FREE phone service world wide!

Room Tip: All rooms have the spectacular view, the end ones are Best try 901
2  Thank travelswithsara