1,208 results
All reviews subway station new york bagels times square continental breakfast the holiday inn enjoyed my stay convenience store manhattan skyline ice machine central park few blocks balcony nyc city kitchenette stops
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Not great, not awful. Very middle of the road. Overpriced for what it advertises. Not a professional critic, so it makes no sense to write a minimum. If you are going to pay me, then I will accommodate.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

It's a shame because the rooms are nice with a view and balcony. However it's not worth it because I was treated like a dog. There was a technical error with my booking which booked me a day early. I booked through a third party so technically not there fault. However, when Agoda and I tried to contact them to fix the problem we could not get through for an entire day, and I tried every hour, we left several emails and voicemails too. I finally got through the next day, after several tries. This was my expected check in day but wasn't supposed to be. I spoke to a rude man who could care less and transferred me to the booking office which, surprise, no one answered so I left a voicemail. Agoda told they can't refund me without speaking to the hotel, I simply wanted to switch to the proper days and not get a refund.

I decided to try in person on the day I could be present, the next day. I was greeted by the same unfriendly man who again could careless and told me there's nothing that can be done. Basically told me to deal with it or f you pay me. I explained to them this problem could have been solved had you answered your phones and that I didn't want a refund just wanted the proper two nights. I asked to speak to a manager, he told me there isn't one and there never really is. I asked for a number he told me no. Basically if you have an issue tough sheet, they could care less. Just a big f you pay me attitude. Mind you this is all before I fully checked in, made me feel real stoked and happy to be there. My girlfriend, who is genuinely kind, tried the sympathy approach and explained that it was our first vacation together since I broke my neck and was partially paralysed and we just wanted the right thing to be done. Guy could care less.

My mother is from Woodside Queens and I moved around a lot so I'm used to many different cultures as well as the New York attitude so I wasn't missreading the situation or the demeanor of the room. Also even in New York, or anywhere in the world, you can't treat guests like this. Been in the industry on and off for 16 years I'm also a surfer/traveler and have stayed in many shady off the beaten path places around the world for pennies to the dime and have been treated far better.

I wrote to better business about the mistreatment and the fact that they won't let you speak to a manager when there is an issue. Also the fact I had pay for a night I wasn't there and attempted to fix before my check in day.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Small room in a conveniently located hotel in Long Island City, Queens, about 10 minutes away from Midtown Manhattan by train. Our room had a balcony with a nice view of the Queensboro Bridge. Staff was very helpful and the lobby is stocked with drinks and snacks (at a price). Elevator is really slow and the neighborhood isn't the best, but I felt safe walking around and took the stairs instead. Lyft is really quick around the area too!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2018

I am very happy with our decision to stay at this hotel and will definitely consider returning to it in the future. The man at the front desk was super friendly and extremely helpful, he even gave us tips for parking. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The important part is that the subway was only a block away and it was a quick trip to get to Manhattan and the Times Square area. If you are looking for value at a reasonable price, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a great location, it’s clean and well appointed and a good value for the money! Queens Plaza subway stop is about a 10 minute walk and you can be in Manhattan in 15 minutes from door to door.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo