1,234 results
All reviews new york stove top times square metro station manhattan skyline enjoyed my stay convenience store breakfast room central park queensboro bridge balcony block nyc city kitchenette stops neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

My stay at the vetiver hotel was absolutely great. I'm from ny and wanted to take s little trip , a mini vacation if you will. The staff here were amazing and made my stay worth every little bit. Truly a wonderful experience. Quick
Shout out to hector from the night staff. The most polite and helpful hotel employee I may have encountered In my life. No b.s.!!!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2016

Dear William C,

Thank you for staying with us! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at hotel vetiver for a week. It was a very pleasant trip. The staff at the front desk, Chantel and Daniel were very pleasant. The made the trip worth while. I would definitely visit again.really awesome experience. Easy to get around. Chantel was very helpful. And we enjoyed Daniels chocolate chip cookies.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear NadiaHaye,

Thank you for the great review! We hope to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

We paid a bit more to experience a boutique hotel - what a disappointment.

Absolutely no leeway on checking in before 3pm unless you want to pay $49+tax!

When we did check in we were told they had taken the first nights payment 3 days earlier and now also wanted to take a $50 security deposit - completely confusing when I was presented with 3 different bills and told that 2 would be refunded - no idea what we have paid until I check my credit card bill!

Staff were not friendly or helpful and housekeeping couldn't even manage to leave us clean towels!!

All in all a disappointment. We would not recommend it nor will we stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Dear Susan F,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you had issues while checking in and during check out.
Unfortunately, when you arrived we were not able to grant you an early check in because we were sold out the night before. Check in time is at 3 pm. Our front desk agent did offer an early check in rate of $49 only because we would have had to rush your room to be cleaned by our housekeeping staff. When you declined the offer we gladly stored your luggage at no fee.
The credit card that you used to make your reservation was per-authorized 3 days’ prior the arrival date. When you checked in you used a different credit card.
All reservations require a $50 hold upon arrival to cover for any incidentals. If nothing is acquired throughout the stay the funds are automatically released back into your account.
Hotel Vetiver is a GREEN hotel. There was a sign in your room indicating if you wanted new towels the sign was to be placed on top of your bed. Every time our housekeepers went to service your room service was refused. I also checked our call in logs and noticed that we did not receive any requests from your room.
Again, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We take pride on providing optimal guest satisfaction and will go above and beyond for our guest. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free on contacting me at any time.

Kind regards,

Daniel Cabrera

Reviewed July 27, 2016

We stayed at the Hotel Vetiver in May after two weeks in New Orleans. Vetiver is ideally located to get to Manhattan and to JFK as it is just a very short stroll from the Subway system. Unfortunately our New York trip was marred by illness - we both came down with the flu and had to spend most of our time in the hotel room. The staff looked after us brilliantly. Both Chantel and Daniel made sure we were comfortable and could access everything we needed. The room was comfortable and the breakfast OK. The only warning is that there are building works underway nearby which, rather oddly, are very noisy for around half an hour at midnight. We are looking forward to returning to New York while healthy and we will certainly be staying at Hotel Vetiver again when we do.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HotelVetiver, General Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Dear babs52art,

Thank you for the great review! I hope you are feeling better.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

I booked the Hotel Vetiver when delayed overnight due to weather. The night staff greeted me with a sincere desire to get me comfortably settled. After even more airport delays today, Erica was a huge help as receptionist. She researched best options, again, with care and concern. My room was super clean and well designed. A clear Yes!

Date of stay: July 2016