“Our stay was great!”

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
Dallas, Texas
“Our stay was great!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

When we check in Nargiza made us feel special and welcome. Marques handled our luggage, so we could start exploring the city.
Hotel Vetiver was a great find.(TripAdvisor) It's right next to the subway, which gets you to Times Sq. in a short time. Julia in the breakfast room is eager to please, and the breakfast was fresh. We would have liked a little protein (boiled eggs) instead of all the carbs, but it was fine. The room was nice and clean and had a balcony with a view of the city. Thank you Rosalia for the smiles and good wishes during checkout, we will recommend Hotel Vetiver.

Room Tip: Choose a room furthest from the subway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Flushing, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

When I came in chad made me feel as if I was at home. He got me checked in so quickly and gave my girlfriend and I toothbrushes and toothpaste when we asked if there was a near by drugstore to buy some. He also gave us a take out menu for a great 24 hr diner called Bel air which was great. The room was nice and clean and had a balcony with a great view of the city skyline. The complimentary breakfast was great, everything was fresh and the guests were nice people as well. Overall our stay was great and we will gladly be coming back to stay again at the Vetiver

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 9, 2014

If you find yourself with lots of money to burn, go ahead and book a hotel directly in Manhattan. Or you can try one of the cheap rat holes and hope for the best. For everyone else, there's this place. Hotel Vetiver was a lucky find. It's right next to the N,Q subway, which gets you to Times Sq. in 15 minutes; and within walking distance from the M,R,E and 7 trains, which make transfers from JFK and EWR airports as easy as they get, not to mention a 20min bus trip to LaGuardia. The neighborhood isn't exactly trendy, but you'll find a grocery store, a nice diner and several good eateries within two blocks. I'd like to highlight the helpful staff and the genuinely friendly welcome - our room was even more spacious than originally booked.
The downside here is the poor insulation against the outside cold. Unless you keep your always on, the room temperature can drop rather dramatically. Also, hot water faucet gave barely any water, though the shower was fine. On the other hand, the continental breakfast really makes up for any minor drawbacks. The quality and quantity of food is a definite plus, with special emphasis on bagels.
All in all, Hotel Vetiver is a solid choice, whether you're on a budget or not. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better price/quality ratio anywhere so close to Manhattan. I'd gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Only top floors have any chance of actual view of the skyline.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Juraj K
NY
Reviewed March 6, 2014

While being in-between appartments. Staying in various hotels in the LIC area, I have to say the Hotel Vetiver was the hands down the best. Customer Service from Chad at the front desk, Chris who helped with luggage ( which no other hotel in the surrounding area did ) to Rosalee on the phone. ( hope I spelled it right ) were spot on with smiles a helping hand and information about the area. The rooms for the price where more than on target. Thank you and I will recommend the Hotel Vetiver to my friends. See ya soon

• Stayed February 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I enjoyed a lot , was really cozy and nice, loved the place, I had a wonderful experience, everything was well organized and welcoming. They have very good service ..and the room I stayed in ,had a beautiful and excellent view.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The only person who was very helpful to me during my stay was someone named Marquis who gave me excellent service. It took me over 20 minutes to check in because one person was in training so did not know the procedures, and the other was on the phone, running back and forth and did not make eye contact with me. Marquis was very helpful and gracious about the whole thing. Otherwise, the room was about what I'd expect and at a decent price for NYC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have only positive things to say about Hotel Vetiver. It is a very well run hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very courteous and helpful, and the light breakfast is a plus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo