“Awesome Place!”
Review of Hotel Vetiver

Hotel Vetiver
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I enjoyed a lot , was really cozy and nice, loved the place, I had a wonderful experience, everything was well organized and welcoming. They have very good service ..and the room I stayed in ,had a beautiful and excellent view.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The only person who was very helpful to me during my stay was someone named Marquis who gave me excellent service. It took me over 20 minutes to check in because one person was in training so did not know the procedures, and the other was on the phone, running back and forth and did not make eye contact with me. Marquis was very helpful and gracious about the whole thing. Otherwise, the room was about what I'd expect and at a decent price for NYC.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have only positive things to say about Hotel Vetiver. It is a very well run hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very courteous and helpful, and the light breakfast is a plus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank OrnaE
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The hotel is very clean throughout, the room is very spacious. It is excellent situated one block away from the subway station 39th ave, which is 2 stations away from Manhattan. The staff is friendly, except for 2 occasions that I found troubling. During breakfast hours, which is 7am to 9:45am, for the other hotels I’ve been to, at the end of the breakfast time, they will close the door and not let anyone else in. But for those who are inside, they will continue to enjoy it until they decide to leave. However, at this hotel, at 9:45am they start taking away everything, even though I was in the middle of it. I found this quite rude. On another occasion, was with booking. I booked through Booking.com, don’t go there, I was able to book one room for one price. When I called back trying to book another room, they did not honor the price, but instead charged me $100 more than the other room. I called the hotel’s front desk, they said there was nothing they could do since I did not book with them. I called Booking.com and they said that the hotel could adjust the price, since it was their hotel and they control the price. I felt like a ping pong ball bouncing back and forth. At the end, I had to pay the extra $100 for the room. Minor detail though. I would definitely go back to the hotel.

Room Tip: If you stay there, you won't regret it. Great hotel, once you find it. It's a kind of hard t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel is really great!!! The breakfast was good. The staff was very helpful. The room was well-equiped by a nice TV and controls for the lights. It was really comfortable and clean. The price was fair enough.

Room Tip: It's located close to brazilian restaurants.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The Hotel Vetiver is a quirky, friendly, clean, and conveniently located new construction in the constantly developing Long Island City neighborhood. The quiet building and rooms feel shoddy in construction and lack a sense of practical design and comfort. Strange elements like tiny coat hooks with plastic hangers on them, weird furniture placement, plywood bed bases, challenging vertical blinds, temperamental electric heaters, and minimal bedding mix with beautifully tiled bathrooms and wooden floors to create a confusing guest experience. It is all fine and utilitarian if the rate is right but only the welcoming, earnest staff, the Beekman COPA Soaps, and the outdoor balcony spaces make any outstanding impression.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend for one night and I was glad I choose this hotel. The rooms were clean, bed was very comfortable and service was great! There is NO SMOKING in the hotel, but they have Balcony's, if you need a cigarette that bad, just close the door because they check the room and charge $200 fee for smoking in the room. They didn't have parking but parking on the street was not hard to find. Only problem I had was my Wii not being able to connect to the WiFi - other than that, I would recommend to out. I will def. stay here again once it gets hot!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple