$169
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Long Island City(Long Island City)
$183
$149
$132
$110
$280
$239
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$193
$161
  • Breakfast included
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$179
$139
FourPoints.com
  • Restaurant
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$233
$179
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$165
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$165
$132
BestWestern.com
1,174 results
All reviewssubway stationnew yorkbagelstimes squarecontinental breakfastmanhattan skylineconvenience storecentral parkfew blocksbalconynyccitykitchenettestopsneighborhoodwardrobebodega
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed one night and chose the hotel because of the reviews. I have to say that I was not that happy.
The receptionist who checked us in was a rude and unpleasant... nothing compared with the lady who checked us out who was very nice and friendly.
Although the room was beautiful and clean, it was cold when we arrived and the heater was that noisy that it woke us up several times during the night.
The breakfast was simple but fair.
It's a shame that we met this receptionist, to be honest.
I might choose a different one next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor,

I am sincerely disappointed to hear about one of our receptionists. One of our greatest amenities here at Hotel Vetiver is our customer service. You will see it mentioned time and time again in our customer reviews. To hear that you felt one of our receptionists was rude is simply inexcusable. I only wish that this incident would have been brought to our attention before you left the hotel. I do see that you are from the area, I would like to ask you sincerely for an opportunity to make this right. If you would be interested, please contact me directly, so that we can discuss your experience with us and let me offer an option to help appease this inconvenience. I am terribly sorry that your stay with us was masked by an unpleasant employee. I hope you might give us another chance to show you why we do have great customer services reviews on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Myself and my daughter stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in July 2012. The reception staff were very efficient when checking in,the room was perfect,although a bit noisy with works going on outside early in the morning,no fault of the hotel though. breakfast was excellent,a lot of choice and the guy looking after everything was very helpful. Subway into Manhattan only one block away. Will certainly be staying there again if i visit New York.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rachel804
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

On behalf of Hotel Vetiver, thank you for a great review!

We truly appreciate the feedback you have given us about your stay. I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of our our location to the subways to get into the city. It really is such a convenient and affordable way to get around! I am also delighted to know that you and your daughter enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast as well. I am so pleased that the staff made you feel right at home while you were here. We would be delighted to have you again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Vetiver for 5 days everyone was very friendly and helpful! Only 1 block from the subway and close to the airport. I look forward to a return visit very soon. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a vacation to NY!

• Stayed: February 2013
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful review on TripAdvisor Melissa.

I am so delighted to know that you enjoyed your time here with us! I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of the convenience of the subway while you were here. It would be our pleasure to have you here again please reach out to us when you would like to guarantee your reservation and we will be sure to take care of you!

Thank you for taking the time to to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

So my bf and I visited them for 4 days 3 nights and the cons of my sta were : terrible wifi, inadequate plugs none near the bed or desk, breakfast finishes 9:45am too early and starts too late by 7:00 am, they only gave us one bar of soap no dishwashing liquid or hand soaps provided. About 10 channels on cable granted we paid so much to stay there about 180 per night I expected to get more for money. The pros are: they do provide a nice albeit vegetarian/vegan breakfast, literally a stones throw from the subway a quick. 10-15 minute ride to manhattan yup that fast sometimes faster. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the ac is a bit noisy. The amenities didn't work so if you are going on a vacation to use a working gym, or sleep in late this is not the place for you or if you need complete silence. Don't get me wrong its really peaceful there but if you need dead silence look elsewhere. The staff was nice enough although the females at front desk could be more pleasant but the guys were nice and so was the housekeeper she was pleseant. They always speak when they see you difference is is that front desks (female) response felt forced. They provide pots and pans and a stove and a kettle with coffEe in the rooms. There is nothing else no minibar available. But the location can not be beat far enough in town but still close to uptown about 10 mins from lga airport. All in all I would go bk but I'd be better prepared.

• Stayed: February 2013
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Vetiver on TripAdvisor!

I truly do appreciate the time that you have taken to provide us with some insight on your experience with us. We do use the feedback that you give us to strategize on changes that we would like to invest in to increase customer satisfaction. I am glad that you have mentioned our WiFi. We have actually contacted our internet provider to schedule a service to see what we need to do to increase our internet speeds. We are hoping to have a resolution sometime soon. In regards to your mention of the breakfast time, we did have our start time a bit earlier in the past, but found that many of our guest did not come down much earlier than 7am. If we see that a large number of our guests are mentioning that they would like it earlier, then this is an option we would absolutely consider.

I know that you had also mentioned that dishwashing detergent was absent form your room as a con. That is because we do not expect our guests to wash their own dishes. We have staff on hand that would wash and replace the dishes for you; usually our guests will just leave their dishes in the hallway outside of the room and housekeeping will know that you have used those dishes and wish to replace those. I also know that you found that some of our amenities were not functioning up to your standards, in particular you mentioned our fitness center. I was also not aware that our equipment was malfunctioning and I also have sent our maintenance team to make sure that all equipment was functional. I also know that you felt that some of our front desk employees responses were forced. I do apologize that you were made to feel this way. Our customer service is one feature of our hotel that we are very proud of and we do encourage our employees to go above and beyond for our guests.

I am so happy that you did mention some of the aspects that you enjoyed about our hotel as well. In particular you mentioned our location and accessibility to Manhattan as well as our complimentary continental breakfast. I might also add that if you wish for a change to our traditional continental menu for breakfast and its mostly vegetarian flair, we suggest a diner location only one block from our hotel that serves a full breakfast menu if you do wish for some change. Overall and I am very happy that some of our features did not deter you form enjoying yourself and considering to stay with us again in the future!

On behalf of the entire Hotel Vetiver Staff, Thank you for choosing Hotel Vetiver and thank you for a thoughtful review!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I booked this hotel when I brought my young nieces in to visit from out of town. I live in the area, but as with most NYC apartments, I don't have the room for 2 guests. I found this hotel via Tripadvisor and saw all the great reviews. I booked a great rate on Hotels.com and was all set for the visit. All in all, it's a nice hotel. Rooms were clean (visually) and the location was good for me. Here were the BIG downsides. 1) The floors in the hallway are FILTHY. 2) Construction was going on somewhere in the hotel and I had to wait a long time for the single elevator while workmen transported equipment and supplies up and down.OIne time we waited 20 minutes to go up. 3) The room REEKED of paint or varnish. Very strong, We opened the sliding door to the balcony each night to air it out. 4) Apparently they found it ok to do construction on occupied rooms. Each day I returned to some unfinished work in my room. One day there were little holes all over the wall behind the beds. The next day there were little blue plugs in the holes. The third night we returned to the holes patched, and fresh plaster smeared on the walls over the holes. 5) I left a charging cellphone and it was unplugged and moved when I came back.6) The beds were comfy, but the blanket was so over used, that the filling was all in balls and the blanket was flat and nearly transparent.

If you are doing construction on the hotel, DON'T RENT THE ROOM OUT. I was told at checkout that they were surprised no one told me they would be going in and out of my room. What? I have worked in hotels and private residences many times, NEVER would this situation have happened. It's one thing for hotel employees to enter a room to clean, but to have random workmen who are not hotel employees in my room while I am a paying guest, I find it inexcusable.

As great as the proximity to my house, and the cool vibe of the furnishings, I will never stay here again, nor recommend it. I have seen other complaints on here regarding construction...from 2 years ago. Why is this still going on? Disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WickedSmaht

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor,

I am sincerely disappointed to hear about your experience with us. You are correct, the condition that you found your room in was inexcusable. I only wish that this would have been brought to my attention before you left the hotel. We have been undergoing extensive renovations to improve the functionality of our guests rooms in efforts to create a more comfortable experience for our potential future guests here, however when that process gets in the way of the comfort of the guests that we currently have in-house, I believe that we have missed a simple point.

I do see that you are from the area, I would like to ask you sincerely for an opportunity to make this right. If you would be interested, please contact me directly, so that we can discuss your poor experience with us and let me offer an option to help appease this inconvenience. I am terribly sorry that your stay with us was less than lackluster. I hope you might give us another chance to show you why we do have great reviews on TripAdvisor.