$109
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$145
$115
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$213
$197
HolidayInn.com
$129
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$254
$175
  • Restaurant
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$254
$220
  • Breakfast included
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$246
$177
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$288
$250
1,190 results
All reviewssubway stationnew yorkbagelstimes squarecontinental breakfastthe holiday innenjoyed my stayconvenience storemanhattan skylineice machinecentral parkfew blocksbalconynyccitykitchenettestops
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Vetiver last week for 8 days. We give these wonderful people the HIGHEST recommendation possible!!! The desk staff, such as Alex, Shawn, Chad, the ladies, and others were so nice and friendly. Luis did a wonderful job keeping the breakfast bagels, coffee, and other goodies coming.

The room was wonderful - comfortable beds, nice hot running water, excellent maid service. Being only one block from the train was also a blessing. Our deepest thanks to the fantastic staff at the Hotel Vetiver. They truly helped to make our stay in NYC a memorable one!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MountainMan68
HotelVetiver, Front Office Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Vetiver on your recent visit to the Big apple.

We are delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was not only up to standards but indeed unbeatable!

Treating our guests with care and attentiveness is our main goal and knowing that we are not only achieving so but also improving it makes us tremendously happy.

We look forward to seeing you again!!!!

Happy Holidays!!

Eslainy Fernandez

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Well, I am a Long Islander who wanted to take her kids to the city and spend more than a day there. I have traveled a lot and stayed in tons of hotels...I booked this hotel because I thought...one night! It looks nice! We booked this hotel because we know queens and the website said it was close to the subway-etc etc.Well let me tell you! This hotel is amazing. I highly recommend it, clean rooms, clean bathrooms, comfortable beds, great free breakfast, WONDERFUL STAFF, and really really inexpensive. I will DEFINITELY stay there again and recommend it to out-of-towners -in fact my husband works very close to there and I told him to recommend it to his vendors when they come for a visit.

When we arrived, it was cold- really cold. One of the staff members felt sorry for my husband (the guy's name was Sean) - so he actually moved his car so we could park close to the hotel.That was just the start of amazing service! Let's just say that Sean helped us with our "Elf on the Shelf" situation...and my daughter was over the moon excited when she found the elf in our room!

The breakfast was full and plentiful - and it was very very nice, strawberries, bagels, bananas, cereal, yogurt,coffee, hot cocoa, pastries and cakes.It was good to the last drop. The young woman running it was efficient and getting the job done nicely.

We were probably the only family with children there, but that was not a problem. The staff was very kind to my children and my children appreciated it!

The bathrooms were extremely clean as were the linens and floors. There were no nasty smells or mold issues whatsoever. I have very bad asthma so I cannot tolerate much. I think my kids had more germs!

The furniture was new and up to date. The beds were super duper comfortable, and huge! The room was a good size considering we were in NY! And not paying an arm and a leg! I had a smaller room at the Waldorf Astoria once! (yeah, before I had kids lol)

The subway is right there! 1 block away! And one stop away from Manhattan. A great line too - the N and the Q go to all the places in NYC you want to go to and if not it is an easy transfer. Plus you are so close to Manhattan that it is a really cheap cab fare if you want. We went skating in Bryant Park, to Macy's to see Santa, to 42nd St to the ToysRus Store, to see a show (Elf!) to see the tree at Rockefeller Center,St. Pat's for mass and Saks 5th Ave and more! Then we skipped the traffic, took the train back to Queens - and in 5 min were on the LIE driving home away from the traffic. It is no time to LaGuardia - yet it accesses the subways better than the hotels over by LaGuardia

My daughter left her beloved Teddy Bear there. The entire staff is spending their time looking for this Teddy Bear. When I called, they knew exactly who I was and they literally put the phone down and looked themselves for the Bear. They are checking everywhere, I am waiting to hear from them. But I know, they won't call unless they check every corner for me. That is the kind of staff that works there.

Lastly, we were on the 2nd floor, which usually I won't stay on a 2nd floor in a major city (noise) - no noise problems whatsoever. WE slept like logs. The beds were great!

The front desk staff was amazing! They remembered us, helped us and were very efficient! I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I didn't like the heating system - it is noisy. Bring a blanket and keep the heat lower.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ellenmelon41
HotelVetiver, General Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I am very happy that you loved your stay here at Hotel Vetiver. We strive in making our guest feel right at home with our excellent costumer service and in providing comfortable rooms for our guests.

I see that you took advantage of the New York City subway that is a block away from the hotel. I hope you were able to see all the wonderful sites in Manhattan.

We hope to see you come again!

P.S. we are still searching for your daughter's Teddy Bear and will keep you posted as soon as something comes up

Warm regards,

Daniel Cabrera

Reviewed December 7, 2012

While overall we had a good experience at this hotel, there were a few drawbacks worth noting.

Pros--A great value, and the location is very convenient to Manhattan. I'm sure we would have paid $100 more per night to stay in Manhattan, yet this hotel is just minutes from midtown by subway, which is only a block away! Our room was clean and tastefully decorated, and the staff is very friendly.

Cons--That being said, we felt there were a few things lacking in the room, and the breakfast service left much to be desired.

First, the walls between rooms are not sound-proofed. We were kept up one night by the TV in the next room. Second, the only place to hang clothing in the room was a few hooks, and third, there wasn't much space around the sink in the bathroom to put toiletries. With more than one person per room, more vanity space is needed.

As for the breakfast, we noticed a few unsanitary practices, and the food was not replenished for those who came towards the end. With the number of people eating breakfast, it would have been nice to have more than one toaster available.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Hotel Vetiver for your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here.

We are working on sound proofing the rooms on the lower floors and have already purchased a new toaster for our breakfast room. We did expect so many guest to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for your suggestions, we will do our best so stratify our guest.

Warm Regards

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hotel Vetiver is a great hotel for all. You will not be disappointed. Make your reservations without hesitations. This is my second stay.
Hotel:
New Boutique Hotel, awesome room decor and lobby. The Manhattan Skyline is absolutely amazing. The beds are sooo comfortable.
Price:
We booked a Condo Room, stayed a week. Prices are competitive. Complimentary Continental Breakfast (New York Bagels, cereals, fruits, cake, juice, coffee, tea - enough to get your calories in for an adventurous day in Manhattan). Room comes equipped with a large closet, mini fridge and kitchenette, during my stay they added Dvd Player to this room type. Used our Netflix account and watched movies at night. I definitely suggest booking this room type. It is worth every penny.
Location:
Hotel is located, one minute walk to metro. You will be in times square in ten minutes, 6 stops away. Purchase a weekly pass metro card, you can not go wrong. 3 blocks away on 36th Avenue, are many restaurants and stores, you can venture out in this neighborhood with no worries.
Clean:
I am very picky, to my surprise the rooms are super clean. From entrance to elevator to room and bathroom. The staff is always cleaning, at any given time when entering or departing hotel, we have observed. From sweeping and mopping, to vacuuming and wiping down desk and cleaning doors/windows.
Staff:
Saving the best for last...
I have had a blast with the Staff. We were welcomed by Chad greeting us as our taxi pulled up to the hotel, ready to carry our bags. Chad has great knowledge of New York passes and where to get tickets rather than waiting on lines. Definitely, speak to Chad to get the ins and outs.
Eslainy, checked us in, what a shining star she is. Very efficient and super pleasant. Iris the Front Office Manager calked us, once we arrived to our room to make certain all was in order and if we were comfortable. What a way to start our Holiday.
Over the course of our stay, we met Miguel, he has so much knowledge of the area. He has great energy. Alex, was so efficient in booking a car service for us and making sure to give us a wake up call, early in the morning. He called us himself, talk about personal assistant.
I hope I'm not forgetting anyone Rustam, Alexandria, Naragiza, Moses, Shawn, Doug, they are all amazing. They greeted us with sincere smiles, a warmth that made us feel like we were at home. What a great time Hotel Vetiver has. Keep up the excellent job.
***
I have traveled extensively all over the world both for business and pleasure. I have never been treated and thanked for my business as I have in this hotel. There is nothing that the staff will not do for you.
I have already booked my New Years reservation with Rosalia the Sales Manager. Can't wait to come back to a Great Place, Amazing Staff and see the finished bar, which is looking incredible.
Cheers!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Ro G
HotelVetiver, General Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for your great review! We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience at Hotel Vetiver. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

New York was recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Sandy when we stayed at Hotel Vetiver.

I tried this hotel due to the good reviews written in many websites. It is located in a very quiet community and nearby are 2 subway stations that brings you to downtown Manhattan in a few minutes and 1 ride to JFK.

The room (double bed) is huge by New York standards. Beds and linens are so clean, size and quality for a 5-star hotel. Unfortunately, we missed the complimentary breakfast for waking up too late.

What's best about Hotel Vetiver is its staff. The porters, front desk officers, room service can't be described merely as "friendly." THEY ARE A FAMILY! They don't only go about their individual duties promptly and attentively; what I love most about their staff is the personal touch that makes one feel at home. They start a conversation and we as guests just find ourselves immersed in such happy talk by the time we walk to our rooms, we're still laughing.

They wouldn't mind doing everything and anything to make our stay in their hotel most pleasant. One staff even volunteered to forward to my home country a package that did not come on time while we were there. I emphasize here: she volunteered without my asking! Maybe she saw too much worry on my face for the late delivery but what really matters is her attentiveness in solving my problem instantly.

In my future trips to New York, no more searching is necessary. Hotel Vetiver is one place you'd love to stay in whenever you visit the Big Apple. This I have to spread around to my family, friends and colleagues who want the best value for their money while getting the service that puts to shame 5-star hotels in Manhattan!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dale G
HotelVetiver, Front Office Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear guest;

Thank you for staying at Hotel Vetiver !!
We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our passionate and dedicated staff is determined to make your stay as memorable as possible.
Hotel Vetiver is located in the heart of Long Island City, one block away from the N or Q train, which makes commuting very accessible.
We hope to see you very soon and again fulfill all your expectancies.
Thank you for such candid comments and be aware that we also consider you our family!

Happy Holidays ;